12457 Patient Account Rep - Cash Posting, Plano, TX 3 months
Sigma Inc is looking for a Patient Account Rep - Cash Posting remotely to work with our team located in Plano, TX.
• Position is remote for now, but will eventually need to come into the office full time when permitted.
• Candidate will arrive on 1st day to office to receive equipment, then return home to begin training.
• Training schedule is 9a – 4pm.
• Once fully trained, candidate can start between 7am – 8:30am, and work an 8 hour shift.
• They must stick to that shift once they have chosen it
The Patient Account Representative - Cash Posting provides administrative support to the cash posting operations within the assigned function(s). The incumbent performs the timely and accurate posting of electronic and manual cash receipts, denials and adjustments to patient accounts.
Roles and Responsibilities :
• Under general supervision, post routine electronic and manual cash receipts, adjustments and denials
• Ensuring reconciliation of all posted data, Balance electronic and manual cash receipts through the generation and analysis of necessary report
• Resolving outstanding variances, errors and issues
• Refer to assigned work lists in the identification and resolution of routine transactions within the assigned function(s),
• Perform all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor, Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required
• Looking for workers who have experience working with claims, must be able to read EOBs, and have previous cash posting (manual and electronic) experience.
• Previous Rev Cycle experience highly preferred. Candidates that have previous claims experience and can read CPT codes highly preferred, as well as if they can navigate through an insurance website.
• Candidates will be working within Cash Posting team; either on the bank worklist or on reconciliations.
• Candidate will be responsible for pulling the bank report on payments made then assigning them to be posting to different members on the team
• Candidate will need to have reconsolidation experience, an understanding of cash posting, EFT knowledge, payor portal experience and ability to search for EOBs.
• Candidates that have previous claims experience and can read CPT codes highly preferred, as well as if they can navigate through an insurance website.
• Must have experience using Excel and should be able to sort and filter.
• Good computer skills with working knowledge of word processing spreadsheet and email applications
• Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
• Looking for someone familiar with toggling between portals (Insurance websites, etc.), and other websites where they can gather information on when / why payments are not given.
• Must have basic Excel experience (Filtering, Data Entry).
• Ideal candidate will have experience with Electronic posting, and manual postings.
• Experience with EOBs, ERA, and reconciliations highly preferred. Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Teams).
Employment Type: CONTRACTOR