Texas Health Resources
700 5th Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Texas Health Resources
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Security Dispatcher
Full-Time – Fort Worth
Are you looking for a rewarding career with top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Security Dispatchers like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 700 5th Ave. Fort Worth TX 76104
• Work Environment: Office Clerical
• Work hours: Full time- 40 hours a week. Open to work any shifts.
• Salary range: $15.19 - $25.44 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Resources, our mission is “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States with a team of more than 23,000 employees of wholly owned/operated facilities plus 2,200 employees of consolidated joint ventures in the greater Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
• 1 Year Security or Police Dispatcher (Required)
• Basic Telecommunicator Certification 2 Years Preferred
Excellent customer service skills. Good verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by demeanor and previous training. Basic computer skills with MS Office and knowledge of a CAD system software. Must be able to give accurate geographical directions and maintain a positive attitude when giving details. Must be able to communicate calmly and speak clearly. Must be able to handle stress and have working knowledge of the keyboard. Knowledge of CAD system software is a must as well as basic computer skills. Must be flexible with schedule, be available to take on-call and work any shift: days, nights, or weekends is also a must.
• Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and security services, information, and after-hours calls for departments.
• Question callers to determine their locations, and the nature of their problems to determine type of response needed.
• Determine response requirements and relative priorities of situations, and dispatch units in accordance with established procedures.
• Record details of calls, dispatches, and messages.
• Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.
• Enter information into databases or software programs.
• Monitor alarm systems to detect emergencies such as fires and illegal entry into establishments.
• Monitor and operate security video system to observe and detect potential issues
• Maintain access to, and security of, highly sensitive materials.
• Relay information and messages to and from emergency sites, and to all other individuals or groups requiring notification.
• Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
• Adjust office equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Security Dispatcher you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.