Weekend Activities Assistant
The Heritage at Twin Creeks
920 Stockton Dr, Allen, TX 75013
The Heritage at Twin Creeks
Read what people are saying about working here.
Number of hires for this role
On-going need to fill this role
• • High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description Why join the Surpass Team at The Heritage at Twin Creeks you ask?
Because at The Heritage, we do not build the business; we build the people who build the business. So we focus on quality interactions, respect the humanity in all of us and show up for the person to the right and the left of us. We rise to challenges and, with a deep breath, take the next step together. Taking action is our priority and commitment to be innovative leaders in the senior living industry.
About the Community:
We are a premier assisted living and memory care community in the North Dallas (Allen/Plano) area dedicated to creating a welcoming, warm environment for the residents who call our community home. We offer a true team environment with competitive pay and benefits. If you are looking for a challenging and highly rewarding career, we want to hear from you!
Responsible for assisting in the planning developing, organizing, implementing and directing Resident Programs and Events to create opportunities for the residents to be involved in meaningful pursuits. Assist the resident program manager in creating opportunities that enhance residents' physical, social, emotional, spiritual, vocational and intellectual well-being. The resident program coordinator is responsible to assist the resident program manager in meeting Resident Program Standards of Excellence within their community program at all level of care provided.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Leading activities; art, exercise class, games, decorating, etc.
• Clerical work.
• Planning parties
• Working with groups of residents and one on one.
• Resident outings
• Must be able to speak, read and write in the English language.
• Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have at least one (1) years experience in providing planned programs in a setting for older adults or a comparable experience.
• Experience with memory care preferred.
• Must have basic computer skills for word processing.
• Must meet state-specific requirements.
• Must have reliable means of transportation.
• Must pass criminal history check and drug screening
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean record
• Willing to work weekends
Solterra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
During the screening process a drug test is required, and offer is pending background and drug screen results.
Job Type: Part-time
• Dental insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Vision insurance
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Activity Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location