TITLE: SCHOOL SAFETY ASSOCIATE
• High School Diploma/GED Required.
• Minimum of 60 credit hours in a college/university program, preferred.
• Experience in public school and/or a business of similar size and complexity.
• Desirable qualifications: bachelor's degree in business management, education or related field.
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Dean of Instruction
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for administrative duties that are not directly related to instruction and student achievement as assigned by the Principal, and primarily dealing with supervision and safety of students.
• Assists the Administrative Staff with the preparation and implementation of the school safety plan.
• Assists Administrative Staff with disaster preparation
• Assists Administrative Staff with all safety drills
• Assists Administrative Staff with staff and student safety
• Assists Administrative Staff with student supervision
• Assists Administrative Staff in addressing student-to-student and/or staff-to-student conflicts
• Coordinates with the Administrative Staff to maintain a positive, safe learning environment for students by enforcing the school discipline plan.
• Monitors student attendance and coordinates efforts to improve student attendance.
• Performs routine safety duties to ensure building security.
• Works in concert with the School Resource Officer, as directed by Administrative Staff
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance
• Successfully utilizes technology as appropriate in job function
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Dean of Instruction
• Practices, policies and procedures involved in the functional areas assigned.
• Modem office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
• District organization, operations, policies, procedures and objectives.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
• Technical aspects of the field of specialty.
• Student discipline policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Safe Crisis Management Practices
• School safety practices and OPS Crisis Plans
• Communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing and in writing.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Prioritize and schedule work.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Understand and work within the scope of authority.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Plan and organize work.
• Use computer, telephone and alarm systems proficiently.
• Manage conflict.
Subject to both indoor, environmentally controlled and outdoor environments. Typical office environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. Will require working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.
• Standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, bending, pushing, and moving throughout the day
• Light physical demand with some lifting of up to 75lbs
• Hand and finger dexterity
• Repetitive movements
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
• Less than 20% out of district
• Daily as needed within district boundaries
• Classified salary schedule
• Classified benefits package
• Number of days per year: 190
• Number of hours per day: 8
• FLSA classification: Non-Exempt
• Fiscal Year:2021/2022
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy. Evaluation will be conducted by the Principal and/or Dean of Instruction.
Primary Location Owensboro High School Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time