Construction Manager - Royce City/East Dallas
Royce City, TX
Are you interested in joining a company culture where accountability, top performance, and teamwork are valued and rewarded? Tri Pointe Homes is dedicated to insightful design and superior craftsmanship, we are setting a new standard in homebuilding and customer experience. Building upon the legacy that was established 50 years ago under the name Trendmaker® Homes, Tri Pointe Homes is an award-winning leader in the Dallas-Fort Worth real estate sector. If this sounds like a career for you, apply to be a part of our great team.
Tri Pointe Homes Dallas-Fort Worth is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Construction Manager in the Royce City/East Dallas area.
Position Highlights: Plans and manages the homebuilding construction process for a designated community. Oversees trade partners to ensure quality control, adherence to the Company’s scopes of work, and safety protocols. Engages with external consultants, internal team members, and homeowners to effectively execute and deliver quality homes with high customer satisfaction. Applies independent judgment and discretion to appropriately manage field operations daily.
• Manages trade partners and consultants, including initiating and approving changes and purchase orders, withholding approval of payment for unsatisfactory or incomplete work; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on trade partner selection and retention.
• Oversees onsite safety of the Company’s employees to ensure they work safely; evaluates safety violations by employees and trades and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
• Schedules aspects of construction projects, including trade partners, material deliveries, and inspections; manage work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners, employees, and vendors perform on schedule and budget.
• Exercises discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies schedules (as appropriate) in response to field conditions to achieve Company goals.
• Manages the home-building process from permitting to home delivery (and first-year warranty if required).
• Uses sound judgment to implement the Company’s job site compliance programs and monitors trade partner compliance with scopes of work and applicable regulations such as building codes, quality standards, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety programs.
• Acts as the Company’s primary representative on the job site with third parties such as trade partners, customers, and government inspectors and investigators.
• Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to the Company’s high standards before following on work. All to meet established cycle time goals per home and community under construction.
• Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants, trades, building officials, and customer care to successfully manage and execute the homebuilding process.
• Engages with homeowners during brand/division-required orientations/walks to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• May manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training and feedback to foster their growth and advancement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications :
• A High School diploma or GED equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required
• Strong knowledge of home construction.
• Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans & soil reports.
• Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
• Expertise in Hyphen BuildPro.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project.
At Tri Pointe Homes, we are intentional about fostering an environment where you, and all individuals, are encouraged to be their authentic selves. We embrace individuality and strive to be consciously inclusive of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in every aspect of our business. We believe our company’s strength relies on the diversity of the team and the unique, innovative ideas everyone contributes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we make employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and are committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for an open position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.