Administrative Assistants - Transportation Department
Clerical and Administrative --> Administrative Support
616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking Administrative Assistants to support the Transportation Department’s administrative and planning activities. This posting is for an entry-level Administrative Assistant, and applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/NCTCOG/Careers . To be considered for a senior-level Administrative Assistant or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing customer service to the agency membership, public, and staff
• Answering multi-line phone system, fielding questions, distributing messages, and directing requests to the appropriate staff
• Developing and maintaining effective communications with varying levels of staff and external agencies
• Copying, faxing, scanning, assembling, and distributing documents
• Conducting mass mailings
• Carrying out meeting preparations and clean up, including setup of meals or refreshments, distribution of meeting materials, attendance at meetings, and documentation of meeting proceedings
• Coordinating and processing travel arrangements in accordance with federal, State, and Agency regulations and guidelines
• Coordinating special events as needed
• Maintaining staff and departmental calendars, and scheduling meetings
• Drafting, reviewing, and formatting correspondence, presentations, various documents, and reports
• Adhering to records management guidelines
• Formatting and posting items on the Agency’s website
• Collecting and summarizing data, and maintaining databases
• Serving as a representative of the department and Agency
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment
• Proficient in operating Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel; working knowledge of Teams and SharePoint a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented with good quality control, including proper grammar and punctuation usage
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexible and adaptable to meet various needs
• Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency
• At least one year of job-related experience
Hiring salary range: $32,343-$40,428 annually
NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG's purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .