Starting hourly rate of $18.00 to $20.00 will grow-in to $26.00-$28.00/hour.
Precision Roll Grinders, Inc. is the industry leader for world-class, high-accuracy grinding of rolls, cylindrical components and shafts of virtually all weights, sizes and compositions. At PRG, grinding, repairs, new coatings and new rolls are our primary business. PRG has facilities located in Allentown, PA, Carrollton, GA, Lewisport, KY and Texarkana, AR. Our highly skilled workforce, as well as state-of-the-art equipment, is the pride of our company. Our customers have come to rely upon our high quality work and stellar customer service.
PRG offers a very competitive compensation and exceptional benefits package, including medical, prescription drug, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k with company contribution, flexible spending accounts, educational assistance, employee assistance program, holidays, and vacation.
· Signs necessary paperwork indicating work has been completed to specifications.
· Reads Process Sheet, lathe sheets and drawing to determine set-ups and sequence of operations.
· Makes a layout of work if required and establishes necessary lines and location points, using the proper equipment.
· Selects appropriate cutting tools. May need to grind the tool to the required shape.
· Mounts the cutting tool and the work onto the machine as required to accomplish the task.
· Inspects the work in progress using the appropriate measuring devices to assure specifications have been met.
· Completes the job with other operations on the same equipment or by the use of other equipment.
· Inspects and records completed work to assure compliance with drawing and specifications.
· Performs floor work as needed ( Remove a bearing, shrink a journal, etc.).
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Conforms to safety and inspection requirements.
· Performs routine maintenance tasks.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Technical school graduate preferred.
· Able to speak, read, and write English.
· Maintenance machinist experience with some mechanical millwrighting a plus.
· Good analytical skills and an understanding of Algebra and Trigonometry.
· Must be familiar with Metric measurements, be able to do Metric calculations, and use a calculator. Computer knowledge is helpful.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, work in close quarters, stand for up to 10-hours a day.
· Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Precision Roll Grinders is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.35 - $20.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
All individuals to whom a conditional offer of employment is made must either establish that they have received both doses (to the extent the vaccine received requires two doses) of one of the FDA-approved vaccines for COVID-19 or obtain an exemption.
Work Location: One location