Main Job Objectives:
Takes initiatives, elaborates sound propositions and works with Site Purchasing Manager to achieve procurement effectiveness and supply chain performance in his/her region, with the ultimate goal of providing Daramic with a sustainable competitive advantage in purchasing raw materials, supplies, MRO, equipment, CAPEX, services and establishing best procurement practices.
Constantly focuses on identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve profitability and maximize "best cost per value" or purchase goods and services by partnering and developing new vendors, consolidating/increasing negotiation leverages, effectively negotiating contracts, and streamlining existing supply chain processes for maximizing internal value added creation.
Should have capability to develop and grow for future consideration of Site Procurement Manager
• Executes strategy for managing spend categories to ensure total best cost.
• Accountable for executing/implementing projects or initiatives related to procurement tasks in his/her region in order to reduce the cost of goods and services needed by the plant and to support the company defined strategy and tactical business plan.
• Manages vendors in all aspects, including relationship development, vendor qualification and audit, price and contract negotiation etc.
• Understands and monitors spending trends (PPV), cost and markets drivers, potential synergies and purchasing leverages.
• Provides input during the establishment of the Purchasing Budget, analysis of PPV and establishes corrective actions plan as required.
• Provides tactical support for new RM Approval and trials.
• Supports cost reduction programs, working capital reduction, quality improvements, delivery performance improvements, and joint innovative projects.
• Executes risk reduction efforts related to alternative supplier identification and development. Implementation of Purchasing Best Practices at all locations.
• Adhere to ethical principles and standards of purchasing.
• Ensure department and purchasing practices comply with all applicable safety regulatory and quality system requirements.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 20% of the time. Lighting and temperature is adequate. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard equipment available. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount to force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Education, Experience, and skills
Associate's degree w/ up to 5 years of experience or Bachelor's degree w/up to 3 years of experience
Professional experience :
One to Five years' Purchasing or Supply Chain Experience
Verbal and Written Skills
Operation of Microsoft Windows; including Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook; Very proficient in Excel