project manager, capital projects, budget, financial, planning, schedule, tracking, 3rd party, industrial, upgrades, construction
Full Time, perm/direct
$150000 - $200000 per annum
Manpower Engineering is seeking a talented Sr. Project Manager to manage large/complex capital projects for our client in the Owensboro, KY area. Very senior role, reporting to CTO. Direct hire, on-site position. Salary 175k+. Outstanding relocation package. Great annual bonus as well.
• Manages the planning and execution of large, complex capital projects supporting the company's manufacturing excellence program and strategic initiatives. Projects up to $110 million.
• Ensures projects are completed safely, on time, within budget, delivering the specified operational results.
• Establishes clear ownership of project tasks, ensures that team members have the tools needed, and provides timely feedback.
• Tracks progress and reviews project tasks so that safety, quality, budget, and deadlines are met appropriately.
• Leads bi-weekly Steering Committee meetings to sequence and communicate results to management.
• Manage resource allocation and loading.
• Ensure the management of change process is utilized and any changes are documented and detailed.
• Plans, schedules, and leads key meetings such as kick-off meetings and project update meetings.
• Assists with vendor negotiations on projects in order to maintain an efficient and well executed project.
• Assists with project activities that interface with government regulatory agencies as necessary.
• Applies best practice project management techniques.
• Work with area Business Leads to minimize the impact of the project to ongoing production needs including coordination with the Maintenance personnel to utilize planned PM days and/or outages to perform some of the work.
• Provides leadership and guidance to 3 rd Party resources as required to supplement company employees assigned to the project. These resources may include Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineering Firms, Planning/Scheduling Consultants and/or Technical Experts.
• Work closely with the Manager of Maintenance & Engineering to coordinate capital improvements in the area which are considered normal and routine (Sustaining) vs. the modernization (Growth) type projects.
• Ensures all appropriate documentation, including drawings, BOM's, operating instructions, maintenance procedures and timelines, etc. are delivered to the area Business Leads upon project completion.
• Will have lots of support (dedicated project engineers, clerical/documentation support, indirect reports, as well as outside consulting firms).
• Client requires proof of COVID vaccination.
• BS/MS Engineering degree, preferably electrical or automation engineering.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience, plus 7+ years' experience managing and leading salaried employees.
• Documented success in project management roles, including managing large capital projects within heavy manufacturing environments. Ideally metals industry but other heavy industry will be considered.
• High energy, great focus and attention to detail, well organized
• Self-starter, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams through influencing skills.
• Proficient with project management tools and software.
• Strong computer skills (including proficiency with MS Office).