Adult Education Specialist II
Owensboro Community and Technical College
Owensboro Community and Technical College has been recognized by Chronicle on Higher Education as a Great College to Work For.
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, you may visit https://visitowensboro.com .
OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary and/or part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs includes incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include; vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match. Visit our benefits link for more details. https://systemoffice.kctcs.edu/employees/employee_benefits_summary.aspx
Owensboro Community and Technical College is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, Adult Education Specialist II position to provide onsite and offsite instructional and program support within our Adult Education/SkillTrain Department. This position will provide instruction at the Daviess County Detention Center. Regular tasks include small-group and one-on-one instruction in reading, math, social studies, science, and/or ESL; academic advising, student assessment, data management, and program coordination.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide research-based instruction through a variety instructional strategies and tools, incorporating the use of technology and meeting CCR and Employability Standards; administer and interpret appropriate placement and diagnostic assessments; use formal and informal assessment data to monitor and document student progress.
• Provide academic advising/counseling to students to assist students in developing and achieving educational goals; make appropriate referrals to other services when applicable.
• Maintain knowledge of program regulations, policies, and procedures; collect, manage, and maintain comprehensive program/student data/records; perform accurate, timely data entry for student and program accountability and improvement.
• Participate actively in student recruitment, retention, and follow-up; promote adult education services through community involvement; participate in required professional development activities; serve on assigned committees and workgroups.
• Assist specific program coordination and communication, both in-house and with external partners; create programming/staffing schedules; assist in grant reporting and budget management.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Education, or content-related field.
• Two (2) years related work experience or equivalent for experience only.
• Must score within NRS Level 6 on the 11/12 TABE in Reading or within three months of hire.
• Current teaching certification in the content area of instruction is preferred.
Applicants must complete and submit:
• Online application
• Cover letter
• Copy of all college transcripts / TABE information
• Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Position is based on an annual term-contract, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance and funding. If selected to interview, a teaching demonstration will be requested.
Application Deadline: January 24, 2022
Duties will begin in March 2022. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. The search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
Hours Per Week:
12 month - grant funded
Minimum Years Experience:
Desired Years Experience: