A Kight Home Center (a division of Carter Lumber) Delivery Specialist non-CDL is responsible for transporting and dropping off materials while providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by appropriately using company vehicles and equipment to deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner. Safety, building loads, inventory control and product knowledge are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
• Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials
• DOT Medical card
• An acceptable driving record (some states require a chauffeur, class C or D license)
• Familiarity with building materials and delivery equipment is desirable
• Ability to participate effectively as a team member
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Responsibilities of the Position :
• Responsible for delivering material to customer’s jobsites using the most efficient route available.
• Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
• Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service.
• Assists customers with loading and/or unloading of materials while at the job site.
Knowledge & Training:
• Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
• ompletes required orientation and safety training.
• Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
• Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
• Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or delivered to ensure schedules are met.
• Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
• Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including sales, inventory and safety.
• Properly uses and maintains all equipment.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Experienced Employment Type: Full-Time