Owensboro, KY 42303
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a part-time Concierge at our Cedarhurst of Owensboro community.
As a Concierge you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! By being responsible for welcoming residents, guests, and staff into the community, answering phones and directing calls, as well as assisting with a variety of clerical duties.
As a Concierge, working with the Business Office Manager, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
• Responsible for greeting visitors, family members, residents and guests, and all others entering the community
• Manage the external and internal calls, taking and communicating messages, as well as forwarding calls to the appropriate person/department
• Assists the Executive Director with clerical/administrative duties, as well as assists the Sales & Marketing team with taking sales inquiries, as needed
• Assists residents with scheduling personal transportation services and in making reservations for various community events in conjunction with Life Enrichment Director
• Submits all work order requests to Maintenance on behalf of residents
• Monitors emergency response system and fire alarm panel during scheduled shift
• Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends, when necessary
To become a Concierge, you will need –
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• Proven experience in a customer service role is also required, having demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills
• Must have good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have multi-tasking skills
• Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance
• Basic knowledge in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
When considering a career with Cedarhurst , please understand that –
• Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
• To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
• Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
• Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
• Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
• Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.