Sr. Process Engineer Job Description You see the trees and the forest
What some may consider a small oversight can cause a major work problem. Thats why we need a keen observer like you who notes the out-of-place crack before it spreads into a disastrous gap. You have a meticulous work ethic, founded on attention to every element of a situation. We hold your skills in high esteem and cant wait to hear from you.
Collaborate, Participate, Create!
Some of our best work is born out of great collaborations between individuals, with other teams, and between anyone who wants to see an idea through. If youre comfortable participating in brainstorming discussions, youre a fit! Our safe, inclusive environment encourages every member of our diverse staff to speak out and share ideas. There are no limits to opportunities for anyone in our welcoming organization. Care to pitch in?
The Process Engineer for this role will provide leadership and manage the process design, development, optimization and implementation of major processes and systems in paper manufacturing.
Customers And Customer Expectations
• Key customers include Site leadership, mill technicians, mill technician specialists, and sector leadership.
• Candidates should have expertise across multiple technologies in both staff and plant environments and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively provide work direction to a broad range of team members.
• Candidates must possess a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Chemical Engineering and/or Pulp and Paper from an accredited College or University and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments; preferably 8 + years of experience. Candidates with an Associate, Bachelor, or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and possessing applicable experience may also be considered.
• Experience working within multiple technologies; LDC or UCTAD technology is preferred
• Strong experience using manufacturing analysis tools, such as: SPC (statistical process control); design of experiments; process capability studies; Six Sigma; Others.
• A recognized expert in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that knowledge into the execution of process and capacity improvements in major capital projects.
• A demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• 8+ years of experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations.
• Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark manufacturing process engineering technology, procedures, processes and products.
• Experience working with external technical service providers.
• Demonstrated continuing self-development (i.e., progress toward an advanced degree).
• Lead single or multiple products or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $30 million from conception through commercialization.
• Lead mill-wide cost transformation initiatives.
• Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation of design, development and optimization of manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
• Develop knowledge and skills so as to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management while providing advice and counsel to others.
• Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and wellbeing of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
• Seek, recognize, define and solve problems to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause.
• Participate in the development of others within the area of the incumbent's expertise.
When support counts, count on us
Its no wonder that our employees give everything theyve got constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now when we appreciate the fact that youve applied!
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day at home, school, work and on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like Kleenex, and redefined categories with Huggies and U by Kotex. While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and endless opportunities to work with some of the worlds most recognized brands. Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With an inclusive culture, our employees and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark make us stronger. EOE disability/vet.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the roles country only. K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-Cs applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will be decided in K-Cs sole discretion. Primary Location Owensboro Mill Additional Locations Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time