Utility Line Clearance Tree Trimmers, Foreperson's, Ground person's
The Halter Group
$16 - $24 an hour - Full-time
Employer actively reviewed job 3 days ago
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 14 days.
$16 - $24 an hour
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description The Halter Group (www.thehaltergroup.com) - One of the Fastest Growing Companies. Established in 1982, The Halter Group has since evolved into one of the growing Tree trimming contracting companies in the area, providing comprehensive services to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Foreman .
• Provides management and leadership to a tree crew while performing assigned jobs. Communicates with General Foreman daily regarding all aspects of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to perform all skills required of tree trimmers.
• Understand and manage the assigned job.
• Maintain all equipment inspection paperwork.
• Provide inspection and maintenance of equipment.
• Complete daily paperwork and reports.
• Complete timesheets accurately and on time.
• Perform any other assigned tasks and responsibilities
• Employee must be 18 years of age.
• Has completed of all safety videos and First Aid and CPR Training Programs.
• Has completed Aerial Rescue Training Program.
• Has completed all Trimmer Standards.
• Generally has developed climbing skills within 24+ months.
• Able to push/pull brush or wood in excess of 100lbs.
• Able to perform strenuous repetitive work while walking, bending, sitting or climbing.
• Able to walk great distances while performing strenuous tasks.
• Able to identify 50 different species of trees.
• Able to manage, instruct, and educate co-workers.
• Able to complete documentation paperwork designated to crew
Safety Standards & Skills
• Utilizes and applies daily repetitive personal protective gear.
• Able to identify Job Hazards, Job Briefings and Drop Zones.
• Able to identify tree assignments and initiate drop zones.
• Able to evaluate proper method (mechanical or manual) tree assignments.
• Identifies dangers in trees that pertain to co-workers working on ground, or falling of limbs that might cause damage to yard ornaments, clothes lines, septic tanks, overhead lines, etc.
• Able to detect any mechanical problems that might arise during operation.
• Has knowledge of utility guidelines for conductor size and separation.
Job Site Performance Standards & Skills
• Can perform saw & pole saw trimming techniques along with branch lateral trimming.
• Able to identify appropriate climbing gear that applies to tree work being done.
• Able to identify proper inspection of climbing saddle straps, clips, safety lanyards, etc.
• Able to identify, inspect, and know difference between ropes used for climbing & ropes used for limbing.
• Able to perform climbing techniques utilizing tree spikes when removing trees.
• Able to perform techniques of rope knots for climbing & limbing.
• Able to identify route of climb, tie in point and work position in tree.
• Able to identify conductor hazards while in trees and always work facing hazards not with back to hazards.
• Able to perform work safely of heights greater than 80ft.
• Able to perform work safely within 10ft. of conductor hazard.
• Able to execute various cutting techniques in tree to prevent pinching of bar.
• Able to perform tree level roping & rigging that involves securing limbs to be removed away from hazard or conductor.
• Able to learn & perform tree level roping & rigging that involves securing overhanging limbs to be removed from hazard or conductor.
• Has knowledge of cleanup techniques in pulling brush to chipper and raking debris/brush for the job site.
• Has knowledge of the proper controlled fall techniques when removing trees of 30”+ diameter.
• Has learned the importance of listening for co-workers on ground.
• Keeps all equipment picked up and stored before leaving job site.
Usage of Equipment Standards & Skills
• Performs proper use and maintenance of chipper equipment.
• Performs proper technique of hand filing to sharpen chain of small & large chain saws and chainsaw maintenance.
• Able to perform outrigger operation for stability of aerial bucket.
• Able to operate upper & lower aerial bucket controls.
• Able to maneuver aerial bucket to perform tree work within 10ft. of conductor hazard.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $24.00 per hour
• One location
Work Location: One location