Field Safety Professional (MPL)
Marathon Petroleum Company LP
1046 Pleasant Valley Rd, Owensboro, KY 42303
Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
1. Participate in monthly safety meetings and assist Areas with continuously improving the quality and value of their safety meetings.
2. Provide safety training and Life Critical skill evaluation, when necessary, to employees in each Area.
3. Continuously assess safety risks within the Area, develop and execute mitigation plans as needed to address.
4. Engage in project related work by participating in the review and approval of CDR’s, MOC’s, and project safety plans.
5. Support E&S programs (Life Critical, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene, etc.) in the execution of field work.
6. Review tasks such as Life Critical, work permitting, excavations and lift plans; correcting deficiencies and identifying opportunities for improvement.
7. Engage in audits and job site visits to identify and mitigate hazards and ensure compliance/conformance issues.
8. Provide input in the development and review of operations and safety procedures and standards.
9. Serve as an advocate for front line employees to support, educate and help them work safely.
10. Respond to emergency response events and serve within the incident command structure (ICS) to provide air monitoring, development of health and safety plans, and other actions as needed.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
Lebanon Junction KY
Job Requisition ID:
1046 Pleasant Valley Rd
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at
. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability