Welding Technology Instructor (full-time)
Owensboro Community and Technical College
Manufacturing and Skilled Trades
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, visit https://visitowensboro.com .
OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary full-time and/or regular part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs includes incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include; vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match. Visit our benefits link for more details https://systemoffice.kctcs.edu/employees/employee_benefits_summary.aspx .
Owensboro Community and Technical College is hiring a full-time, 12 month instructor with a broad background in Welding and Fabrication for the Welding Technology Program. The instructor will teach various formats within the Welding Program which includes Hybrid (online) lecture and hands on labs. Classes will be administered in accordance to American Welding Society SENSE guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide instruction in the areas of OFC, PAC, CAC-A, Cutting Processes, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, and robotic welding processes.
• Collaborate with business and industry to maintain an awareness of emerging welding technologies, trends, and issues in the field.
• Provide academic advising and career-related counseling for students.
• Engage in recruitment and retention activities through programming at secondary schools, community partners, and professional organizations; with a concentrated focus on the adult learner population.
• Participate in faculty professional development activities to include employer sponsored training, committee work, student advising, and campus collaborations.
Assignment may include some evening and online courses. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, working with a diverse population, and the community and technical college mission.
• Associate of Applied Science degree in Welding Technology with 3 years of applicable work experience required.
• Prefer AWS Certified Welder with Certifications in SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW Welding processes.
• Prefer AWS Certified Welding Educator and AWS Certified Welding Inspector.
• Prefer prior teaching experience.
Applicants must complete and submit:
• Online application.
• Cover letter.
• Copy of all college transcripts.
• Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
• Selected candidate will perform a teaching demonstration.
Positions are based on a term-contract, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2022
Duties will begin in March 2022 (Spring Bi-Term). Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. The search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
Hours Per Week:
Minimum Years Experience: