Technical Product Manager
Location: The ideal candidate is local to our U.S. Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado. However, we are open to remote candidates for this position.
Salary: Estimated annual compensation will be $130,000 – $175,000 flexible based on relevant experience. This figure is a market estimate only and we are flexible on compensation for the right candidate (hiring the right talent is our key goal). This is a full-time opportunity that offers full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and generous paid-time-off and holiday time.
• Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, and plenty of paid time off
• Make an impact – all of our employees contribute to our product and process! (Even our job descriptions)
• We are an established, public, well-funded company
• We have real customers! Our product is in-demand and there is a real need for it (no dotcom tomfoolery here!)
• Innovative culture - We foster a culture of Mad Inventing, challenging each other to learn new skills and make interesting contraptions in our spare time.
• Flexible work environment - we trust our employees to do their work because they want to, not because they’re forced to
Technical Product Manager Role Summary:
This Mid-Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and setting the direction for IKE’s Product efforts, including our next-gen structural products and our core platform capabilities. This particular hire will first help drive product efforts for our PoleForeman software division. Our products apply cutting edge technology to Utility pole problems encountered by our customers - Utilities, Telcos, and the ecosystem that supports them. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background necessary to partner with a variety of product, engineering, and data science teams.
In this role, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to learn, collaborate and impact our business. As a Product Manager, you will:
• Own the product vision for your area. As the person responsible for product strategy, you’ll build the vision for your product area and ensure it aligns with our overall company strategy. You’ll make tough prioritization decisions while helping the team think strategically about long-term opportunities while balancing short-term objectives.
• Become an expert. You’ll become an authority on the practices, innovations, trends, and history of your domain. You’ll share your vision with others both inside and outside of the company.
• Represent the customer. You’ll serve as the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers and immerse yourself in their experience of the product. You’ll also strive to ensure everyone on our team understands our customers’ needs.
• Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and disciplines at ikeGPS. You’ll play a critical role creating alignment between partner teams and ensure we all succeed together as a team. Make data-informed decisions. You’ll use both quantitative and qualitative data to identify customer pain points and use this information to prioritize your product roadmap.
• Experiment. You’ll drive improvements through iterative design and experimentation. You’ll gather data to build a strong understanding of the customer, the friction they experience, and the solutions that lead to a better developer experience.
• Measure success. You’ll own the definition of “success” for your product area – making sure the criteria are measurable, attainable, visible to all stakeholders, and create the right incentives.
Technical Product Manager Responsibilities:
• Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
• Assess business value, prioritize and write users stories based on personas, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Work with the team to deliver products that delight our customers.
• Create, deliver and manage communications with cross-functional teams and leadership
• Conduct project kick-off, closures and post-mortems, Internal and external status meetings and reporting, Issue and escalation management
• Work with marketing to develop customer/sales/care tools and training/awareness materials
• Define success metrics and SLAs on the key data products and services
• Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, integration, and dependencies
• Think widely about potential improvements and creating business value for customers.
• Research and analyze market conditions, identifying key competitor and digital trends
• Propose and present future product innovations
Technical Product Manager Required Qualifications:
• 4+ years product management experience
• 2+ years’ experience in Scrum and Agile environments
• Shipped at least one product through the entire lifecycle
• Experience evaluating user analytics to drive Product decisions (Amplify, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business and technical needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers, and colleagues
• An ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
Technical Product Manager Preferred Qualifications:
• Pole loading structural analysis (experience with SPIDAcalc, O-Calc, PoleForeman, or similar software) is highly preferred
• Utility line design experience in either overhead power distribution or communication aerial plant. Bonus points for knowledge of NESC standards.
• Customer-facing business experience highly preferred
• Experience developing platform / SDKs
• Degree in Computer science, engineering, or business
• Strong analytical capability with experience in data modeling and analysis
• 3D Products
• Knowledge of GIS, field data collection, utility pole management, structural analysis
• Experience building SaaS products and platforms (including launching new products with marketing and scaling with sales)
The United States and Canada are in the middle of a communications boom. The drive for more bandwidth is fueling amazing growth in the deployment of fiber and wireless networks. ikeGPS is changing the way communication companies like AT&T, Verizon, and Crown Castle deploy fiber and wireless networks. IKE Analyze from ikeGPS is achieving rapid adoption because we simply help communication companies deploy networks faster and safer while lower deployment costs through better efficiency.
Our integrated field to cloud solutions allow our customers and partners to measure and assess
Utility Poles and infrastructure using a unique combination of Laser, GPS, IMU, and Photogrammetry technologies, all based on a custom-built Android platform and corresponding Cloud service. We combine that with a killer team to create a full solution that delights customers in every way.
ikeGPS' Core Values:
We are a collective of pole measurement analysts, scientists, field data collectors, and customer advocates. We are on this planet to make a profound change in the lives of those we serve - every human connected through the workflow of pole provisioning projects. Together, we are building the power and communications infrastructure of the future.
Like many companies, we have our values. Our values are ours and we wear them in our own way. They guide us and they personify us. Our values are not something we leave at the office — they are a genuine part of who we are. And well, we think that makes our people exceptional at work and at life.
• Simplicity & clarity.
• Open company. No BS.
• Be yourself. Be the change you seek.
• Manaakitanga; with a literal meaning of ‘we rise by lifting others.
• The most important criteria for this role are a genuine fit with these values.
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in the United States. We are not looking for contract (C2C) hires at this time.