Reliability Leader Job Description
Through collaboration, you can turn good ideas into great outcomes You’re a leader who believes that it often takes a variety of viewpoints to reach more informed outcomes. You’re energized by open dialogue and collaborative brainstorming, and you bring that enthusiasm to your team. We appreciate your ability to stimulate new thinking, knowing that different perspectives can lead to exciting outcomes for all. Let’s talk about how we can work together.
Mutual support brings out the best in all of us Work with confidence, knowing that colleagues will step in to help when help is needed. Bring us your all, and we’ll give you our all. When you need a hand, a bit of advice, an ear for your important input, you'll experience support that will lift your morale and inspire you to manage a diverse team that excels through mutual support. In our inclusive environment, we respect the differences that make each of us who we are. We appreciate each person’s contributions and offer great opportunities to all.
Provide leadership in improving the operation and reliability of site-wide manufacturing and support processes.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and auditing site-wide reliability, preventative/ predictive programs to improve the Overall Equipment Effective (OEE) of the assets throughout the facility and drive the Global Reliability Strategy. The incumbent will also have responsibility for the technical capability development of maintenance and operations personnel.
Mill management, site engineering, operating teams, staff engineering, and Global Reliability Supply Chain
• Direct impact on the approximately $12MM annual maintenance expense budget
• Project responsibility up to $3MM
• Direct Reports – 7 AE technician specialists and 1 lubrication specialist. Indirect reports will include approximately 30 on-shift AE technicians within asset
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: • Provides direction and leads comprehensive site reliability and preventative/predictive maintenance programs by auditing the existing program and making changes to improve asset reliability and achieve or exceed OEE targets. Programs to include but not limited to vibration analysis and monitoring, lubrication process, and best practice adoption.
• Leads in Alignment of the Global Reliability Strategy and the 6 pillars of Reliability
• Leads and employs root cause failure analysis techniques to improve asset OEE
• Provides leadership and direction to Asset Effectiveness team members (on-shift and day shift resources) and ensures succession plans are in place to build talent and provide site-wide support
• Leads and coordinates reliability system major maintenance and capital projects
• Provides leadership and direction to the management of the site major maintenance expense budget
• Expands the maintenance skills and knowledge of relevant team members through training, coaching and delegating activities
• Provided leadership in the 5-year facility plan
• Works directly with Kimberly-Clark and 3rd party planners to ensure consistency of application and promote sharing of best practices as it relates to maintenance planning and scheduling with SAP
• Leads, employs and supports LEAN concepts such as simple problem solving and visual management in all areas of responsibility
• Provides leadership and direction for contract maintenance at the site, including contract negotiations and relationship management
• This position will be a hands-on leadership role and will be expected to spend a minimum of 50% of their time away from their desk and interacting with the operating teams.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience executing a preventative maintenance program; Must have demonstrated experience in building maintenance systems in previous roles
• Minimum of 3 years previous leadership experience (in maintenance or operations) or significant asset engineering accountability
• Prefer candidates with experience in other mills with a preventative maintenance best practice program
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a relevant field or equivalent experience, and continuing self-development.
• Experience with mechanical systems required
• Experience with SAP or relevant ERP system required
• At least 3 years of experience managing large projects and using Microsoft Project or related software for planning
• Demonstrated ability to be a ‘hands-on’ leader working with operations teams to problem-solve and deliver improvements
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills and inspires others to excel.
• Ideal candidates will have experience with a ‘zero-based budget’ and plan of control mindset for spending
• Ideal candidates will have experience working and managing in a High Performing Work System culture
• Prior experience with PMO, meantime between failure analysis, TALCM, & asset life cycle best practices
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
United States of America – Owensboro- KY
Owensboro Mill – KCP
No more struggle or guesswork. Our mentorship program will guide your success! Our organization offers you a guided pathway that could make this managerial position the most valuable move in your career. Your mentor, an experienced colleague, will help you to strengthen areas that could be stronger and develop strategies and tools to master work-related issues. We welcome, respect and include people from diverse backgrounds, and gratefully acknowledge that while we help you to grow, the perspectives and skills you contribute will help us.
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like Kleenex®, and redefined categories with Huggies® and U by Kotex®. While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and endless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With an inclusive culture, our employees – and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark – make us stronger. EOE disability/vet.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will be decided in K-C’s sole discretion. Primary Location USA-KY-Owensboro Additional Locations Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time Employment Type: OTHER