Company Estes Express Lines
Posting Title Local Driver Class A
Auto req ID 33226BR
Estes Facility Owensboro KY
Posted Pay Range: PayRate - From $25.85/hr to $30.35/hr
Job Summary As a leading LTL freight carrier who has been in business since 1931, Estes takes great pride in offering our drivers in-cab ergonomics and technology that focuses on driver comfort, in alignment with the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) requirements. Estes' drivers earn competitive pay with some locations based on years of LTL experience, and benefits such as company-provided uniforms, cell phone reimbursements and bonus eligibility. Estes Local Drivers deliver freight working directly with our customers while being home with their families each night. The successful candidate will have a class A CDL (endorsements highly preferred), stable work history, and 1 year of driving experience, If you're looking for a rewarding and challenging career with opportunity for advancement, Estes is the place for you.
• Will be required to operate equipment, perform all safety functions, including, but not limited to, operating manual transmission, chaining tires, etc. and must be skilled and qualified to drive in all types of terrain, routes and environmental conditions.
• Safely operate a tractor-trailer in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
• Must adhere to all FMCSA requirements of those holding a Commercial Driver’s License
• Maintain records required with compliance with local, state and federal regulations
• Comply with all requirements for safe and legal transportation of hazardous material as applicable
• Insure security of equipment and cargo
• Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip and at the end of each trip
• Check gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensure seal or lock on trailers and conducts inspection of vehicle before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring
• Promptly report all maintenance problems to Fleet Services and/or supervision
• Verify unit numbers versus paperwork given and report any discrepancies to your supervisor
• May be required to use in-cab technology, to include electronic logs and other items
• May be required to drive different schedules and work the dock based on business needs
• As approved by Safety, will be allowed / needed to run over-the-road on occasion, as dictated by business needs
• Provide professional and courteous service to our customers and the general public
• Will assist where needed based on business requirements: Dock work to include loading/unloading freight, Customer site loading/unloading freight
• Regular attendance is required.
• This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
Qualifications • High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• 21 years of age required per FMCSA regulations (1 year driving experience required)
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
• Must be registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
• Must reside within 75 miles of the domiciled terminal and/or work assignment
• HazMat, Tanker and Doubles endorsements highly preferred
• Must be able to drive a tractor-trailer for a period of time that will conform to FMCSA requirements
• Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs. Ability to operate a forklift (minimum 7,500 lb)
• Capability to drop/hook and couple trailers which involves cranking landing gear, pulling 5th wheel pin which takes approximately 65 lbs. of pressure; and maneuvering a trailer dolly highly preferred
• Must be able to provide an acceptable MVR
• Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and FMCSA rules and regulations, pass FMCSA required medical exam and speak and read English
• Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
• Must pass a road test and be able to drive all routes and in all types of terrain, including, but not limited to, mountains, steep inclined roads, curvy highways, desert areas, bridges, tunnels, etc.
• Must be able to drive in a wide range of environmental conditions, including, but not limited to, rain, wind, snow, freezing temperatures, hot weather, etc.
• Must be able to operate all safety and operational functions of equipment, including, but not limited to, chaining tires, driving manual transmission vehicles, etc.
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
• Must be able to interact well with others
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
• Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity EOE, including disability/vets
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Category Transportation
Organization Level Field