Analyst I, Financial - Payroll
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
Owensboro, KY 42302
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Analyst I, Financial - Payroll
Job Locations US-KY-Owensboro
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America's heartland, that has provided quality service since our formation in 1904. At Southern Star our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development being at the forefront of our focus. We're committed to building a culture where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward thinking, customer oriented company that strives for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business where you can slip on your jeans and work in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We're an established company that's known as an employer of choice where we do business. We're known for our safety, credibility and integrity where our word is still our bond. We're in need of one more talented individual like yourself, that drives change and creates positive outcomes. We are confident that you will find the perfect match here to drive your goals.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and tuition/fitness reimbursements.
This position assists in the preparation, verification, and reporting of payroll and related integral components, i.e., 401K, tax reporting, and labor distribution. Will be responsible for various negotiated roles in meeting the Company's internal and external reporting requirements related to employee pay and benefits. Must be able to gather data, prepare financials and narratives, distribute reports, analyze accounts and correspond with internal and external professionals. Will have reporting requirements including, but not limited to, the Company's employees, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Work will require substantial review and supervision.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assisting in the completion of all employee timesheets on a weekly basis
• Producing the Company's bi-weekly payroll for union and non-union
• Verifying, investigating and correcting discrepancies in payroll tax reporting and payments, 401K withholding contributions, W-2 forms, etc.
• Coordinating distribution of labor costs to the general ledger
• Assisting in the preparation of labor costs for annual budget
• Preparing various state and federal census reports
• Assisting in the preparation of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's annual Form 2 and quarterly Form 3Q
• Assisting in Annual Compliance review of benefit plans
• Prepare information for union requests and negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
• Update Oracle as needed for changes to company policies including, but not limited to, Absence plans and Benefits
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting
• Entry to 3 years' work experience in Accounting or Payroll
• Team and detailed oriented
• An effective written and oral communicator
• Able to coordinate multiple tasks
• Able to keep information confidential
• Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with Microsoft Access would be beneficial
• Experience using Oracle software
• Experience with ADP
• Experience in mid-size (250-600) employee organization with geographically dispersed offices
• Continuing Accounting learning efforts
• Experience applying Financial and Accounting laws and regulations