At 2nd & Charles, your passion is our business. We love it and you live it – from comics to gaming, music to movies. And at the heart of it all, we’re book readers, book traders, book lovers. Used bookselling is our core, but there is so much more to the treasure discovery that is finding a career at 2nd & Charles. We hope you’ll find yourself at 2nd & Charles.
We’re on the search for a Store Manager that will be at the forefront of bringing the fandom to life. You’ll lead the store in achieving store objectives with regards to hitting sales targets, recruiting, development, and performance management. You’ll be a retail maverick that can handle anything that comes your way. You’ll be a believer in developing talent, leading through organization, and providing the best customer service around. In short, you’re a superhero.
What You’ll Do
• Ensure that your store achieves the sales plan and/or comp sales goals. It’s not all about the Benjamins, but then it kind of is.
• Recruit, develop and retain a super collaborative, passionate team to run your store alongside you
• Lead an operationally sound business; you’ll bring the right balance of organizational structure, delegation & autonomy, and customer first selling practices
• Keep watch (like the Night’s Watch) on shrink/loss prevention, payroll hours and schedules
• Provide a shopping experience that will encourage customers to return
• Provide book, music, and pop culture knowledge and information to employees and customers
• Collaboratively communicate with retail leadership and HQ partners on trends & customer feedback
• Run sales reports and use data to help guide your strategy to hit sales targets
• Deliver the goods. You’ll merchandise the store in a compelling way, teaching your team to buy back the most in-demand items and developing a store to be truly a part of your community
• Ensure that you’re continually building a bench of equally talented, passionate staff
What You’ll Need
• At least a year of retail store management experience; you’ve led teams to success and want to experience more of it. You’ll have skills to pay the bills: communication, recruiting, operations (payroll, reporting, scheduling, merchandising) and be a developer of your peeps
• Passion for geekdom, whether books, music, comics, games, or pop culture
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent. If you have a degree, even better
• Roll with the punches. Retail is a fast-changing industry and you like catching curveballs thrown your way
• Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding pop culture, geekdom and trends