12/12/2021 (7:00 PM EST)
Pay Grade 09
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Corrections
Western Kentucky Correctional Complex
374 New Bethel Church Road
Fredonia, KY 42411 USA
Are you ready to Brave the Challenge?
Do you want to kick-start your career in Criminal Justice? Look no further! The Kentucky Department of Corrections is seeking motivated individuals who are up for the challenge. Correctional Officers fill a critical role within correctional institutions by working together as a team to maintain safety and control of offenders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains control of the institution to provide safety and security of the facility inmates, staff, and general public by enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Supervises inmate activities in housing units, dining areas, recreation and work areas
• Attends to the medical, visitation, personal property, and recreational needs of the inmates
• Inspects and patrols the grounds for contraband, unauthorized personnel, and for other security risks
• Completes required reports and daily logs
• Conducts inmate counts, security rounds, and searches
The ideal candidate for this position will have have strong communication skills, observation skills, be a team-player, pay attention to detail and have the ability to work under pressure.
EDUCATION: High school graduate.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be twenty-one years of age.
Work environment is hazardous due to working in a state correctional facility with convicted felons.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Tim East at Tim.East@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D