October 13, 2021
Richardson, Texas, US
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
We are looking for engineers who grow by delivering enterprise-grade cloud software. You will work with multi-functional teams to deliver key capabilities that will unlock large deployments of Cisco's Cloud Calling services! We are building new areas and features of our applications. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of an empowered team that is helping change the way people collaborate! Our software developers, user experience designers, and product owners are building customer-focused management products for the next-generation Cisco Cloud Calling portfolio.
• Identify the scope of the work, provide an initial estimate and support the estimate with facts.
• Engage in technical discussions and provide technical design solutions.
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus on delivering tasks to meet the product release cycles.
• Maintain code quality through standard methodologies, unit testing, and automation.
• Understand the whole product, its modules, and the interrelationship between them, while being a specialist in the assigned component or module.
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Specialist in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Specialist in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Mentor junior developers with either planning and execution.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors with 8 years of proven ability OR Master's degree with 6 years of validated experience in software development.
• Proven understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns, and Java coding principles.
• Hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and debugging scalable and distributed microservices.
• Experience with SQL and no SQL databases such as MySQL, Postgres SQL, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
• Experience with public cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
• Experience with front-end development technologies such as Angular is helpful as well.
• We Design, Develop, and build technology-driven product solutions that will serve the current and future needs using Core & Advance Java / J2EE
• Working on SQL/No-SQL database technologies such as MySQL, Postgres SQL, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
• Working with Async Message processing systems like Kafka technologies to process the messages and integrate them across systems.
• Building, deploying, and managing micro-services using cloud solutions like Docker Framework.
• Building Data Reporting, Monitoring, and System Analysis Dashboards using Elastic Search, Kibana.
• Developing functional and unit test cases by using Junit, TestNG, and Cucumber frameworks.
• Designing & developing multi-thread applications.
• Hands-On experience on application logging, reporting, and monitoring tools like Grafana.
• Building continuous code integration & deployment pipelines using tools like Jenkins and Maven.
• Working on code version control systems like GitHub and project tracking and management tools like JIRA, Kanban, and Confluence.