Product Software Engineer
October 13, 2021
The digital future has arrived and the tax and accounting profession is changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations, and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity, and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems, and integrated workflow solutions -- in short "Best in Process" solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
Your New Team
The team follows Agile + SAFe methodologies to deliver high quality products on time. This means we plan our work by quarters to coordinate across teams, but still have flexibility to fit in unplanned work. The team includes automation QA, but the expectation is that everyone is responsible for quality. Likewise, we have someone on the team who is more DevOps, but deployments and tooling are the team's responsibility.
The team is mostly in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but we do have a few remote members and WK has offices all over the United States and the world for that matter.
The team's primary responsibility is working on CCH Axcess Tax . We fix bugs, add new features, package shared code as NuGet, and even rebuild existing components in cloud native technologies. We are moving towards completely web-based solutions.
We believe that it is important to have good quality tools, both hardware and software. We are a Microsoft shop, so you can expect the Enterprise version of Visual Studio, but feel free to use VSCode or whatever editor you want. We provide a high-end laptop with multiple monitors. If you happen to need a license for dotUltimate to help with some memory profiling, no problem, we'll get it for you.
The requirements are pretty simple. We are looking for a someone with a desire to learn and who can demonstrate good coding knowledge typical of a degree in computer science and/or a few years of work experience. How you got that doesn't particularly matter if you know your stuff. We expect you to be able to walk us through some basic coding exercises. For example, you might whiteboard some code describing a singleton pattern, or be able to talk about how to handle retries between services.
We Want to hear from you if you...
• 3+ years of programming experience with the .NET Framework, .NET Core, REST, and C#
• Show initiative and motivation to solve problems, adapt to changes, and follow through on tasks
• Love making things better. After all, it is one of our four core values.
• Enjoy improving your skills and knowledge through mentoring, brown bag sessions, and other group learning opportunities that you are welcome to attend or even lead.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in software development
• Proficient in object-oriented design and development using software development best practices and patterns
• Successful track record delivering high quality code on time while working in Agile Teams and following Agile methodologies.
For Extra Credit...
• The idea of drawing out/documenting complex systems gets you up and going in the morning.
• Have experience with developing some sort of cloud-based applications. We happen the use the Azure flavor. Even better if it is AKS and ASE specific.
• Really love cleaning up tech debt.
• Understand why you don't want 1324 branches in your git repository.
• Experience building hosted applications in a large, multi-tier environment.
• Have any knowledge of the Tax and Accounting field.
Heath, well-being, compensation, and life balance are all important. Those aren't simple subjects, so we can provide details early in the interview process. We work at a sustainable pace, that means that long hours should not be a normal thing, otherwise we are doing something wrong.