L&D Travel Nursing
October 13, 2021
L&D Travel Nursing
Flower Mound, TX 75028
$2,132 a week - Full-time
Read what people are saying about working here.
$2,132 a week
Full Job Description Labor and Delivery (L&D) Nurses care for women during labor and childbirth, monitoring the baby and the mother, coaching mothers and assisting doctors. As a L&D Nurse, you'll prepare women, and their families, for the stages of giving birth and help patients with breastfeeding after the baby is born.
• Active BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
• Active professional license within the state of practice
• Intermediate Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal
Nurses (Intermediate or advanced AWHONN) and S.T.A.B.L.E. credentials are recommended and may be required
• Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
• Experience as a Labor and Delivery Nurse
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN
Labor and delivery are usually separated in most institutions, but the terms "labor" and "delivery" are used to describe the birthing process, which happens when the uterus contracts and the cervix (the opening of the uterus) alters to prepare a woman's body to give birth. Nurses in this work field are responsible for caring for the woman and her baby before, during, and after delivery.
Registered nurses are expected to have a 12% increase in career prospects over the next several years—according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. More specifically, the Registered Nursing field will increase at a pace of 12% through 2028, which is much faster than the national average. Increased demand for nurses across all specialties, as well as a growth in the number of medical facilities, will assist to fuel the demand for additional labor and delivery nurses
Job Details • Weekly Pay: $2,131.60 per week
• Location: Flower Mound,TX
• Shift Schedule: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM
• Assignment Duration: 13 Weeks
• Weekly Hours: 36 Hours
Day 1 Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), Flexible Housing Options, Guaranteed Stipend: Facility Cancelled Shifts, JACHO Certified, Prestigious Facilities, PTO Program, Weekly Pay, Paid Compliance Cost, Referral Bonuses, Extra Shift Bonuses, 401(k) Plan