October 13, 2021
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: DALLAS, CHICAGO, ALPHARETTA, CLEVELAND, SECAUCUS
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The main function of the Agile PMO pillar is to ensure that projects and programs forming part of specific portfolios are completed on time and on budget and aim to exceed the business expectations.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Creates and develops project scope and schedules. Plans and assigns resources to associated tasks and deliverables
• Advise and consult with other departments on production software issues, concerns, problems, and questions
• Manages resources, communications, and cost management of projects/programs.
• Creates project organization structure including identification of key project team members and their roles and develops and communicates the project plan to align project members and stakeholders.
• Conducts a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
• Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
• Demonstrate business skills with the ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups/teams
• Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance
• Identifies high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints and implements approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project
• Communicate any development or resourcing roadblocks to leadership
• Creates/implements solutions to obstacles/challenges throughout the course of the project
• Facilitates solutions across portfolio of projects, leveraging experiences and lessons learned
• Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders beyond IT Services, including (but not limited to) Finance, Communications and Legal to cover any all potential downstream implications of the project
• Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation among the team
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
• Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
• Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Seasoned project management knowledge is required to lead projects. Mastery of the IT Services project management methodology is essential
• The ability to write and speak clearly is fundamental to the position’s lead role in managing projects of considerable complexity across functions and geographies
• Facilitation skills are required to lead meetings and guide participants toward a meeting's objectives. Influencing skills are essential to obtain results from various project team members who may have other priorities and deadlines
• Experience managing cross-functional disciplines of development, test and operational roles
• Exposure to project management principles and methodology.
• TAX domain knowledge is extremely helpful
• Experience with agile project management methodologies:
• Leading and coaching teams in Scrum adoption (not all are using Scrum - some SAFE and some other varieties).
• Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
• Facilitates Scrum events as requested or needed such as: Quarterly Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Facilitate daily Scrum activities and metrics such as: Stand-Ups, updates to burn-down spreadsheets and charts, velocity and backlog reviews.
• Remove roadblocks reported by the team, which could require cross-team collaboration and or escalation, possibly up to executive leadership.
• Communicate and work directly with the Product Owner to consistently maintain the product backlog and handle changes both to the product backlog, executing sprint and prioritizing the backlog to generate higher business value.
• Experience with agile project management methodologies
• Experience managing vendors and service providers in order to meet business and company goals.
• Experience with managing teams, onshore, remote and offshore teams to work towards development best practices.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities. Ability to juggle multiple projects, demands, and reprioritize as necessary to align with changing business objectives.
• Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
• Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members
• Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
Master's degree preferred
(What is minimum number of years needed/suggested to perform this job?)
7-10 years of relevant experience
Management experience a plus
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.