Oracle ERP Implementation Consultant Finance
October 13, 2021
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for an experienced Finance implementation specialist to be part of upcoming projects: new country implementations & 12.2 upgrade into our existing family of Oracle E-Business and Cloud solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience as an Oracle Finance Implementation Specialist with strong skills and application knowledge in Oracle General Ledger, Subledger Accounting, Intercompany Processing, Financial Reporting, Period Close, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable and Tax to meet the needs of our business.
This role will primarily oversee, configure, and design functional solutions as the functional subject matter expert in Oracle General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Tax and Accounts Receivable. The Functional Developer will provide an interactive gateway with end user groups on helping align business processes with Oracle functionality, adopt best practices and keep abreast of Oracle relevant module enhancements, directions, and updates.
The successful candidate can be based in any of our Stantec offices located in Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Recommend Oracle EBS functionality and capabilities to help meet new business requirements, improve existing business processes and/or address application problems.
• Be part of a team responsible for recommending solution designs to the business based on Oracle best practices leveraging out-of-the-box functionality, where appropriate, to address gaps.
• Develop impact analysis and implement strategies to manage change for large new system implementations or small functionality changes.
• Develop functional design documents in collaboration with developers and other analysts.
• Contribute to the end-to-end delivery of E-Business solutions along with developers, testers, database administrators, and application support analysts.
• Monitor, analyze, and advise on testing of application patches/upgrades.
• Configure application to meet business requirements.
• Work closely with developers on extensions and custom applications to translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and design.
• Work closely with quality assurance analysts to develop and execute appropriate test strategies/plans.
• Work closely with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and present/discuss technical solutions with the business.
• Monitor patch releases from Oracle and provide impact assessment to management.
• Provide post-implementation support and functional abilities to assist the Operations Teams.
• Work collaboratively with the management team to assist them in managing priorities, resources, and cross project dependencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Experience as an Oracle General Ledger Implementation Specialist
• Experience with configurations & implements in Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable and Tax is preferred.
• Experience with software development and/or system implementation.
• Involvement in one or more major upgrades and/or module implementation projects with focus on General Ledger setup, Subledger Accounting, Intercompany Processing, Reporting and Period Close.
• Creative problem solver with good understanding of accounting business processes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Functional experience with Oracle EBS R12.
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience configuring and implementing for Oracle EBS Financials.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
• Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Colorado:
• Min Salary: 84,400
• Max Salary: 105,500
• Hiring Salary Range: — Colorado locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
• Benefit Clause: Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).