Technician I - Information Technology
October 13, 2021
Technician I - Information Technology
Rockwall County, Texas
Rockwall, TX 75087
$44,849 a year - Full-time
$44,849 a year
Full Job Description SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform daily computing operations for Rockwall County and maintain efficient operations with minimal downtime of the enterprise and individual users. This is accomplished by configuring computers with the necessary software and providing appropriate software and network access to users; provides a high-level of customer service to all stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Facilitates additions, moves and changes to equipment including PC's, printers, phones, scanners, and any other end user peripheral device
• • Replaces internal components
• Implements configuration changes
• Updates and deploys software and operating systems
• Contacts vendor and coordinates warranty fulfillment
• Performs cable installations and tests
• Troubleshoots and solves issues
• Commutates with departments to facilitate website changes
• Creates dynamic web forms
• Controls user access to CMS and delegates modification authority
• Monitors webmaster email
• Ensures consistent aesthetics throughout entire site
• Troubleshoots issues, coordinates with service provider as needed
• Assists the in operation of audio visual equipment
• Schedules practices sessions with users
• Trains users in usage
• Creates end user guides
• Troubleshoots problems and implements repairs
• Coordinates system maintenance with vendor
• Identifies training opportunities
• Designs course material
• Leads classes
• Schedules times and communicates with all County employees
• Administers user creation, modifies access, documents,
• Audits user access,
• Assigns rights and roles as needed
• Maintains initial new user training documentation
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibility; contributes to the development of the budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows
• Microsoft Office Suites, Office 365 and Teams
• Quicken, QuickBooks
• Records Management Systems – Odyssey, Granicus, Southern Software, Votec, Keefe
• Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, Cisco Wireless
• Mobile Operating Systems – Android, IOS
• Dell Servers and idrac
• Adobe Acrobat
• Mitel Phone Systems
• Copiers and Laser Printers
• Veeam Backup and Recovery
• Synology operating system
• Any other software or computer equipment as needed.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, public officials and the general public.
• Must have a broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts and methodologies; ability to demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Computer programming, CIS or related field or related certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, A+, N+) or three (3) years of previous equivalent experience.
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
Position is located in an office environment with little exposure to environmental conditions. Health and safety hazards are minimal. No protective equipment is required. Fine dexterity, sitting, and vision are constantly required. Frequently required to talk, hear, stand, walk, reach, feel and handle. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
• Must successfully complete a background investigation.
• Additional background and fingerprinting may be required.