September 27, 2021
Title EH&S Manager
Job Description Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, you’ll be part of our Stanley Infrastructure team located in Dallas, TX.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for supporting the managers on applicable legal and other requirements while creating a culture of safety here in the plant. The successful candidate must be able to build solid internal relationships with the local Operations Team in efforts to gain support for safety programs.
You’ll get to:
• Develop, implement and maintain all environmental, health, and safety programs for the Stanley Infrastructure manufacturing facility
• Establish, complete and file all necessary documentation and/or reports in accordance with applicable reporting and record keeping requirements on the EHS Web for SBD
• Complete a compliance calendar for all required activities & reporting obligations for the plant
• Leverage hierarchy of control to identify and execute reduction of risk through engineering controls, administrative programs, and PPE needs identification and management- including engagement and training of gained support and compliance with employees
• Engage with supervisors and leads to conduct daily safety talks, observe and correct non-compliances, eliminate hazards, prioritize work area safety and clean-up
• Identify and implement EHS training programs for employees and contractors
• Coordinate industrial hygiene surveys, safety reviews, hazard analysis, accident investigations, and analyzing trends in injury/illness experience and hazards identified at the facility
• Complete Good Catch, BBSA reports, compliance audits, etc. within the facility to reduce impact
• Work closely with Human Resources on compliance, and OSHA recordable injuries and to ensure effective work processes are compliant with current legislative requirements
• Prioritize hazardous operations and engage with management and team leads and others to review pre-task safety plans and work area compliance
• Review contractor’s safety history, plans, training and records, inspect/tour for compliance, verify insurance coverage and timely renewals
• Lead safety meetings and support remedial safety action plans or progressive discipline for safety violations together with Human Resources
• Compile daily, weekly, monthly and YTD safety reports
• Track Key Performance Indicators for safety incidents (near-miss recordable, lost-time), evaluate trends, conditions and opportunities and initiate process improvements for the plan
• Support facilities in meeting respective roadmap targets and ensuring managers are aware of their targets and obligations
• Sustainability – Identify, lead and execute Energy Waste and Water reduction initiatives in alignment with Corporate Sustainability goals.
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about safety – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have: • Bachelor s Degree in Environmental Health, Human Resources, Industrial Engineering, Business or related curriculum or equivalent experience. Certification by recognized professional bodies preferred (Board of Safety Professionals.) Coursework indicating advanced professional development.
• Minimum of four (4) EHS Manufacturing experience- manager level experience preferred
• Administrative experience related to safety management for facility operations management, including budgeting, training, scheduling, auditing, reporting.
• Demonstrated experience in employee coaching and training
• Demonstrated knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in all areas is required
• Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills in order to liaise with clients, subcontractors & employees
• Experience and knowledge of ISO14001/45001 preferred.
• A self-starter motivated to excel; seeking continuous improvement and engagement with staff to achieve best practice EHS programs.
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan: • Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
• Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to: • Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera ® and online university.
• Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number 80786BR
Business Corporate - Global Ops GTS
No. of Positions 1
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Function Environmental Health & Safety
Featured Category on SBD Careers Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Management & Operations
FLSA (For US Only) Exempt