Grocery/Freight Lead Clerk
September 27, 2021
Grocery/Freight Lead Clerk
Posted Date 5 hours ago (9/27/2021 2:34 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-78532 # of Openings 2 Address 5152 Rufe Snow Dr Job Location US-TX-North Richland Hills Salary Type Hourly Vacation Yes Benefits Eligible Yes Retirement Employee Stock Ownership Plan Yes
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers and transportation network. We’re proud to operate across 10 states west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners – because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a month , enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program – and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Assist management with the operations of the store by performing clerk duties in the designated department ( grocery or freight ), leading by example, and assisting the department manager in general department operations as directed. Answer customer questions and complaints in a professional manner and assure all customers receive fast, friendly service. Perform the duties of a grocery clerk, cashier and/or freight stocker in addition to assisting assigned employees in the performance of their tasks as appropriate, including notifying them of their breaks and lunches. Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
• Provides customer service by performing the duties of a clerk in the designated department (grocery or freight). **Refer to Grocery Clerk, Cashier/Checker and/or Freight Stocker job descriptions for complete list of responsibilities.
• Performs a lead role in customer service which may include handling customer complaints and requests, approving checks, selling gift certificates, issuing refunds, receiving returned check payments and answering any questions the customer must have.
• Continuously monitors area activities, including customer traffic flow, coverage of checkout lanes, etc.
• Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, equipment and retail displays according to company policy and legal regulations; and cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out garbage, etc.
• Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
• Monitors arrivals, breaks, lunches and departures of employees in area of responsibility. Communicates with immediate supervisor regularly.
• Assists immediate supervisor as needed or directed.
• Assists clerks by providing direction and leadership, demonstrating and performing clerk responsibilities and assigned tasks, and answering employee questions.
• May monitor cashier money handling procedures and assists with scan system procedures (i.e. UPC codes not on file, scan pricing errors, etc.).
• May fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, pull cardboard and face the wall and aisles, perform cashiering duties, perform other duties as needed or directed.
• Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
• Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Communicating clearly and professionally, utilizing excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills, establishing and maintaining a good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, customers and others.
• Providing leadership, exhibiting interpersonal skills by maintaining composure and professionally addressing difficult and sometimes angry individuals including customers, vendors and co-workers.
• Applying clear understanding of overall company practices, including in-depth knowledge of polices/procedures, in order to effectively judge and react to customer activity.
• Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
• Conducting visual inspections, reading reports, computer printouts, register and computer screens, etc.
• Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
• Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately with honesty and integrity.
• Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
• Work any scheduled work shifts including evenings, graveyard, overnight, weekends and holidays as scheduled or required.
• Perform all duties described in the appropriate department specific job description (grocery clerk, cashier and/or freight stocker).
• Understand overall company practices through previous experience in designated department (grocery or freight) or equivalent.
• Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
• Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
• Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently.
• Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
• Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work aides.
• Understand state & federal regulations if certification is needed.
• Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
• Refer to appropriate department specific job description (grocery clerk, cashier and/or freight stocker) for complete list.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed