Environmental Specialist (TX)
September 27, 2021
Environmental Specialist (TX)
Full Job Description U.S. Compliance is seeking a talented professional to join our growing compliance practice in our environmental division . As a member of our regulatory team you will work closely with facilities to help them attain and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. You will be responsible for providing technical and regulatory support through site assessments, permitting actions, filing compliance reports, and developing operational plans while managing facility accounts.
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise within the manufacturing and industrial environmental regulations, a passion for regulatory compliance, and a strong desire to interact with and present information and solutions to clients.
We are looking for someone in Texas who will have the ability to conduct site audits, provide in-person training, and communicate to facility staff. After navigating through our internal training program, you will become the lead contact for facilities and will travel to the locations as a representative of U.S. Compliance. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
This full-time, salaried position is an excellent career opportunity for a professional looking to advance their career with a leading environmental consulting firm, and to make a significant impact with our clients and growing business.
• Research and assess facility operations for regulatory applicability with waste, air, water and land regulations
• Complete regulatory permit applications
• Prepare compliance reports and documentation
• Develop operational plans such as Stormwater Pollution Prevention, SPCC, and Contingency Plans
• Build expertise in specific environmental compliance disciplines
• Provide on-site visits to clients for inspections, compliance support, and regulatory training
• Collaborate with other U.S. Compliance practitioners to execute environmental deadlines and projects
• Minimum of a bachelor s degree in environmental science, engineering or related science discipline
• Minimum of three (3) years of work experience with an industrial, research, consulting or regulatory agency
• Ideal candidate will have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in environmental compliance
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory authorities and applicable environmental regulations
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Dynamics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to make effective presentations
• Interpersonal skills and confidence for interactions with personnel at all organizational levels
• Excellent time management skills to support multiple activities on an on-going basis by given deadline
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a diverse workload
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible and willingness to support diverse projects as needed
• Ability to travel to client sites for routine visits (approximately 20% of the time)
U.S. Compliance offers a team-oriented work environment with competitive salary and benefits. If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled professionals who value diversity and balance and deliver creative solutions, then U.S. Compliance may be a great fit for you! We are excited to get to know you.