Supervisor Cardiovascular Cath Lab
September 27, 2021
Supervisor Cardiovascular Cath Lab
Texas Health Resources
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Texas Health Resources
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Supervisor Cardiovascular Cath Lab
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Supervisor Cardiovascular Cath Labs like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth: 1301 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
• Work environment: Cardiac Cath Lab
• Work hours: Full-Time (36 Hour) Day Shift
• Salary range: $38.77 - $63.46 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• Associate's Degree graduate of an accredited school of radiologic technology required
• 3 years cath lab experience required
Licenses and Certifications
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists upon hire required And
• CMRT - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist upon hire required And
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support 90 days required And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Supervisor Cardiovascular Cath Lab will
• Facilitate staff assignments and provides coordination of patient care in cath lab.
• Facilitates patient flow for unit.
• Coordinates the scheduling of staff for unit or designated shift.
• Serves as a role model/mentor for staff in the areas of professional development, professional practice, and continuing education.
• Assists Manager with recruiting and interviewing potential staff.
• Supports retention strategies and objectives.
• Provides continuous constructive feedback and annual performance evaluations to staff.
• Participates in coaching and counseling, Progressive Disciplinary action process with Manager and staff.
• Assists Manager with coordinating Employee Development Plan.
• Initiates and conducts meetings as appropriate.
• Identifies ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
• Participates in monitoring the budget and productivity as directed by manager.
• Seeks opportunities for self-development in leadership.
• Integrates team building strategies and principles of group process in interactions with staff.
• Contribute to creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment.
• Collaborates with all customer groups (staff, physicians, patients, family, external customers) to determine customer expectations.
• Takes appropriate action to remedy satisfaction gaps.
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions.
• Assesses and recognizes the patients emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID, and obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitors patient during procedure.
• Utilizes wedges and shields patients as appropriate.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
• Clean hands by washing or disinfecting.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE:
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks pyxis/room supplies
• Exchanges and maintenance of film badges within designated time frames
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND PARTNERSHIP:
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
IMAGING PROCEDURES, QUALITY AND PROCESSING:
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
• Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
• Assists physician with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
• Maintains attention to details
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed
• Correct procedural charges ordered in Misys and correct product charging in mainframe as needed
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS and digitizes films
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS
• Prints laser images from modality or PACS
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling and other modalities
• Other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health At Texas Health, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make us a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.