Associate of Pursuit & Transition - Dallas
September 27, 2021
Associate of Pursuit & Transition - Dallas
Addison, TX 75001
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description Intro:
At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As an Associate of Pursuit & Transitions, you lead data collection processes during due diligence activities and assist in overseeing the acquisition process under guidance of the Pursuit and Transitions Manager. Here are the roles you’ll play:
Roles You Will Play:
The Transition Overseer
Lead due diligence data collection processes, including lease file audit and synopsis, staff assessment, market survey and narrative, financial and operations questionnaire, delinquency review, utilities questionnaire, and contracts summary
• Complete all software and marketing implementation forms (e.g. OneSite conventional questionnaire, LeaseStar Questionnaire, Kingsley set up forms, etc.)
• Finalize and disseminate all new hire paperwork, Cortland binders, Benson transition kits, pricing and renewal strategies, and resident letters
• Fill out the Cortland Transition Workbook in its entirety
The Right-Hand Person
Aid the manager in preparing current Cortland assets for disposition, including unit inspections and instructing the staff on how to host a broker’s tour
• Implement all policies and procedures as outlined in the Standards of Excellence
• Update and maintain records for all move-ins, move-outs, application status, etc.
• Assist in organizing files, processing paperwork, and proofreading all leases and letters for accuracy
Provide support in overseeing the takeover process to ensure all aspects of operations are transitioned smoothly
• Maintain quality staff, corporate, and third-party vendor communications
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other federal, state, and local laws pertaining to multifamily housing
• Complete all other duties as assigned
Building Blocks of Success:
• Strong 2+ years of experience in property management or similar industry
• High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree in related field preferred
• Basic understanding of landlord/tenant laws and application, familiarity with NAA lease and addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, and OSHA and EPA requirements for property management industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bilingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property
• Strong organizational skills and ability to create a sense of urgency while working under tight deadlines
• Computer software experience to include Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, and RealPage
• Experienced with heavy travel, long days and the utmost flexibility in scheduling; ability to be away from home for potentially several weeks at a time, often to include weekends
• Valid driver’s license and valid automobile insurance
We create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.