Manager, Education and Enrichment
September 27, 2021
Manager, Education and Enrichment
Dallas, TX 75218
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for oversight and execution of all teaching activities of the Education Department and oversight of Out-of-School programming to include Summer Camps, Overnights, Intern Program, Home-school, and After School. Responsible for ensuring all programs are efficiently and successfully scheduled, staffed and maintained. Work with Director of Education to ensure program materials are up to date with current educational standards. Maintain budgetary accountability. Contribute to team effort and manage teaching personnel and programming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist in assessing staffing needs, job duties and identifying qualified personnel.
• Approve seasonal schedules, teaching assignments and program duties
• Oversee Outbound setups and approval.
• Observe, coach and provide feedback to teaching staff.
• Perform yearly evaluations of full and part-time teaching staff.
• Keep updates on departmental policies and procedures and inform all education staff.
• Onboard new staff and assign training program.
• Ensure all curricula and program materials reflect current educational trends and that accurate records and updated materials are maintained on the P drive for each program.
• Manage the daily operations of the summer Camps, After School, Overnights, Home school, Intern Program and daily teaching assignments.
• Oversee planning, budget, ordering and packing of supplies for all designated programs.
• Train and supervise Arboretum teachers, volunteers, and college and high school interns and camp instructors.
• Assist Development staff with stewardship reports and grant applications.
• Maintain an up-to-date plan of the logistics for all onsite programming in conjunction with Operations, Director of Education, Children’s Garden, and Security;
• Ensure all staff is informed of safety procedures and needs in all areas.
• Oversee full-site management issues related to education.
• Attend weekly operations meetings.
• Oversee Office Coordinator and reservations management to include invoicing, schedule changes and purchases.
• Approve field trip scholarships and maintain associated data; to include bus stipends within budgeted figures and request/mail checks to campuses.
• College degree in the field of elementary education or related field with a strong background in science education, STEM, NGSS and the natural sciences; Master’s degree desired
• 2-3 years of experience as an educator; administrative functions with budgetary management experience strongly desired
• Experience managing and growing a team and complex scheduling
• Good verbal and written communication skills; good office skills to include computer software use of ADOBE, Microsoft Office and database management
• Valid driver license
• Manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy and timeliness
• Good self-discipline, confidence and leadership skills
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills; creative out-of-the-box thinker
• Work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed
• Physically conduct classes, demonstrations and related activities
• Successfully lead staff in a positive and productive manner
• Enthusiasm, energy and goal attainment driven