Server ( TX, US, 75028-1499)
September 27, 2021
Community Name: 5983 PINEWOOD HILLS FLOWER MOUND TX
A Server at Holiday helps older people live better by providing quality dinning services to residents with in a friendly and courteous manner.
What We Offer:
• A flexible schedule, perfect for students!
• Paid Sick Leave for eligible part-time employees
• One free meal per day in our communities
• 401(k) plan with employer match!
• A career path, with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally
• A Certified Great Place to Work that provides a fun and respectful workplace
Where You Can Go:
This is only the beginning. We love empowering and promoting our employees and provide dedicated and talented team members the opportunity to move up the career ladder with us.
• Greet residents and guests at each table with a smile to serve beverages, cereals, and/or soups/salads from cart. Courteously and clearly review the menu of the meal, take resident orders; serve meals and desserts.
• Return cart to kitchen and assist with storage of perishable items. If needed, deliver trays to resident rooms.
• Bus and clear dishes from tables after meal and reset for next meal following proper sanitizing procedures for tables and chairs as outlined in the Food Service Guidelines. Vacuum carpets, etc.
• Complete side work – fill sugar holders, replenish creamers, clean coffeemaker, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience in serving is preferred
• Ability to present meal alternatives to residents and guests.
• Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
• Effective communication skills in English
• General knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling practices
• Ability to retain orders (up to 4 at one time)
• Basic Computer skills
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for as long as possible. We accomplish this by following these principles:
• Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
• We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
• We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
• We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
Today, over 25,000 older adults in 228 senior living communities across 43 states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree. Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an honor that was also extended to 201 of its communities in 2021. Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday believes that every vaccinated associate creates a safer environment for our residents and associates. This is why we require new associates joining our team to receive their first vaccine at least 3 business days before their start date and be fully vaccinated within 5 weeks of starting with Holiday (unless prohibited by applicable state or local law). Holiday will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious based reasons on an individualized basis.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we’d love to talk to you.
Req ID: 110904