September 16, 2021
# of Openings 1 Requisition ID 2021-11866 Position Type Salaried Full-Time Category Operations Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Smithland Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
830 Three Rivers Quarry Rd, Smithland, Kentucky 42081
Aggregate Industries, a member of LafargeHolcim and a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, has an immediate opening for Production Supervisor at Three Rivers Quarry one of our largest quarries in the US.
This position is primarily responsible for executing the directives of the Plant Manager with regard to the production of shippable product at the assigned Plant to meet customer requests in a timely and cost effective manner. Responsible for ensuring all shipping department personnel have received proper induction, health and safety and environmental training, as well as task training. Develops shipping strategies to raise productivity levels and control costs.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Supervises shipping department employees
• Assigns shipping schedules to ensure that production builds are met.
• Ensures all employees have proper training in their given field, and make certain that they approach their work in compliance with the programs, procedures, and policies that have been instilled.
• Tracks attendance, and addresses attendance and tardiness concerns.
• Works with team to identify, troubleshoot and resolve shipping problems.
• Responsible for requisition of materials and goods
• Ensures conformance to environmental and safety standards
• Generates ideas and implements changes in processes, and the use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality and improve employee morale
• Maintains line cleanliness and good housekeeping practices
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, including, but not limited to, welding, assembly, fabrication or safety.
• Demonstrated ability to direct, coach and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/University Degree
Required Work Experience: Three (3) Years Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production Experience. Minimum of three years of production supervisory or leadership experience
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic PC skills using Microsoft Office Application. Prior SAP experience.
• Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
• Able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and must be able to deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach.
• Strong communication and motivation skills.
• Sound knowledge of OH&S and environmental policies and procedures.
• ACM plant operational and maintenance knowledge and experience.
• Ability to understand, analyse and interpret technical and financial aspects of the business.
• Excellent people skills and have strong potential for strong leadership development.
• Creativity in approaches used to develop and direct short- and long-range planning and development programs.
• Responsible for providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) COMPETENCIES
• Ensures alignment of H&S activities arising from H&S missions and objectives.
• Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented.
• Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
• Promotes a culture of incident reporting and leading indicators, i.e., Near Misses and Visible Personal Commitment (VPC).
• Exercises and encourages core H&S values including, but not limited to, developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview