Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Position Type Hourly Full-Time # of Openings 1 Requisition ID 2021-11656 Category Operations Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Fredonia Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member.
• Design and Implement extensive Preventative Maintenance Program for all HME equipment per site you are responsible for.
• Develop a Maintenance program that reduces unplanned repairs.
• Troubleshoot & repair all problems (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc.)
• Be able to help forecast upcoming equipment repairs and needs, work with plant, personal in having supplies on hand to perform repairs when arriving on sites.
• Develop winter work schedule with time, materials and cost
• Work with Management on cost control
Prerequisite Training and Experience:
In order to perform and qualify for this job, LafargeHolcim requires the person must have at least 5 years of related experience including but not limited to:
• Intimate knowledge of the equipment and its capabilities and operational
• Requirements, such that proper maintenance programs can be developed
• Extensive experience maintaining and repairing heavy mobile equipment
• Extensive hydraulics, diagnostic, electrical and schematic knowledge.
• Limited machinist skills, able to read precision measurement instruments.
• Welding and fabrication skills: welding with arc and gas (certificate)
• Experience managing the maintenance on a fleet of equipment.
• Manufacturer sponsored training (certification).
• Must provide own set of mechanics hand tools.
• High School Diploma
• Must pass all plant minimum required hiring qualifications.
• Work well in a team and a minimum supervised setting.
• Must be willing to work holidays, weekends various shifts and overtime as directed.
• Demonstrated ability for positive contributions when working within teams.
• Must be willing to accept change and strive for improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to operate mobile equipment.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Possess communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a Aggregate plant, i.e. walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.). The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at great heights or in small confined spaces.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview