July 7, 2021
Position Type Hourly Full-Time # of Openings 2 Requisition ID 2021-11170 Category Maintenance Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Smithland Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. The primary objective of this position is to perform electrical/maintenance processes through the proper installation, repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Practice and promote safety in such a way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Exercise and encourage core values including but not limited to: developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.
• Safely perform simple to complex electrical repairs and installs within a manufacturing setting
• Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies to assure that environment, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
• Responsible for planning jobs.
• Documents new and existing electrical installations.
• Responsible for mechanical and electrical design and installation.
• Repairs critical equipment with available parts.
• Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on all electrical equipment
• Must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
• Must be able to communicate to multiple levels within the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Additional Education Preferred: Associate's degree .
Field of Study Preferred: Electrical
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years experience. Experience in an industrial environment preferred.
Required Computer and Software Skills : Basic computer skills
Additional Requirements :
• Ability to work independently.
• Must have knowledge to proficiently utilize PC’s.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to work overtime and respond to call-in.
• Previous surface mining experience preferred but not required
• Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English)
• Mechanical skills are required
• Ability to complete simple to complex electrical repairs and installs
• Knowledge of products, industry terminology
• Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
• Punctual and reliable; good attendance required
• Good communication skills – verbal and listening
• Positive, courteous, and helpful approach
• Motivated and eager to learn new skills
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview