$14.03 - $16.41 Hourly
Location New Ulm Recreation Center, 122 South Garden Street, New Ulm, MN
New Ulm, MN
Park & Rec
General Description We are opening a newly remodeled and improved Fitness Center late summer and looking for responsible individuals who are certified fitness instructors to be a part of the team! Must have current accredited Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, or Specialty Fitness certification or comparable post-secondary degree. Pay range is $14.03 - $16.41 per hour.
Fitness classes run at various times, 6 days per week. The number of hours depends on availability. Hiring would start immediately and we are looking to hire several instructors. If you want a fun rewarding job, please apply online at newulmmn.gov .
Open until filled.
Essential Functions of the Job / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Under the general direction of the Program Supervisor or Aquatics/Fitness Coordinator , plans, leads, and monitors fitness programs and classes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Plan, conduct and monitor fitness programs and classes.
• Communicate equipment needs to supervisor.
• Monitor participants during fitness class and programs to ensure safety.
• Set up for fitness programs and clean up fitness facility.
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
• Adhere to all safety practices and procedures and attend all training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • General knowledge of department fitness policies and procedures.
• Ability to perform first aid and CPR or to become certified within three months of employment.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to communicate both in oral and written form.
• General knowledge of attendance sheets, and sound systems.
• Thorough knowledge of various exercise equipment and methods.
• Ability to interact with the general public in a positive manner to promote program(s)
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a crew in an efficient, safe and cooperative manner.
Education and Experience Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Prefer the completion of four years of classes in an accredited college in health, exercise, or human performance or current certification in a nationally accredited fitness program (NETA, ACE), or recent experience instructing fitness programs and classes; American Red Cross First Aid/CPR or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
Preferred experience is with fitness instructors with specialty certifications or experience in Silver Sneakers, Senior Fitness and/or Yoga.
Physical Requirements This work requires the occasional exertion of over 100 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing, walking, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires sitting; work requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices and observing general surroundings and activities; work regularly requires exposure to wet humid conditions (non-weather) and occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts, working in high, precarious places, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, exposure to outdoor weather conditions, exposure to extreme heat (non-weather) and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a loud noise location (e.g. grounds maintenance, heavy traffic).