May 21, 2021
Job Posting Title:
The Maintenance Specialist position is responsible for supporting maintenance, manufacturing, and sanitation needs by maintaining the parts room. Control storeroom inventory by replenishing stock items as necessary.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands:
1. Responsible for receiving purchased parts and supplies.
2. Responsible for issuing parts and supplies in computer system.
3. Responsible for creating purchase requisitions for parts and supplies.
4. Responsible for re-stocking items in the parts room.
5. Responsible for performing Stock Inventory Cycle Counts.
6. Maintain an orderly Parts Room.
7. Complete all required paperwork efficiently and accurately.
8. Responsible for creating Work Orders as needed and for updating same for issued parts, labor, and completion.
9. Understand, observe and comply with the handling/usage of color-coded container policy.
10. Maintain clean, sanitary work environment and prepare work area for following shift personnel.
11. Immediately notify supervisor of any repairs or adjustments required.
12. Possess thorough understanding of all company policies, including GMPs and safety policies.
13. Communicate effectively with other departments, managers, and other employees.
14. Works closely with all levels of the organization including Maintenance, Engineering, Warehouse, and Production Supervisors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
3. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, holding, gripping, reaching, pulling, stooping, extensive bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, extensive wrist movements, and climbing all day. Work can be performed in extreme heat and cold environments.
4. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing 50 pounds above shoulder level.
5. The employee must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language and possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
6. The employee must work safely at all times and follow all OSHA (safety) guidelines.
Food Quality, Safety and Security: The employee initiates action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to food safety and the quality of the product, processes, quality or safety system. The employee stops production, if necessary, to correct food safety issues, quality issues, or safety problems. The employee identifies and records any problems relating to food safety, quality of the product, processes, quality system or safety system. The employee controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of food safety or quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected. The employee informs line supervisor, production manager, QA manager, or other management personnel of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Results Driven.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, heat, cold, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position that works 12-hour shifts. Hours of work are from 6 pm to 6 am. Overtime is required.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma/GED is required.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a fork truck operator’s license.
• Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and Lotus Notes.
• Strong organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Two+ years of manufacturing experience.
• Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical parts.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full time