May 25, 2021
6/6/2021 (8:00 PM EDT)
Pay Grade 14
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Corrections
Kentucky State Penitentiary
266 Water St.
Eddyville KY 42038 USA
At the Kentucky Department of Corrections, the Division of Reentry is recognized for offering offenders "A second chance to make a first impression". The mission of Reentry is to make Kentucky safer by reducing recidivism rates. Who wouldn’t want the chance to work within a program that directly impacts the safety of the communities we live in?
As corrections professionals it is all of our jobs to assist in the reentry of offenders. Working within the Department, with community partners, and state agencies to increase community safety and reduce recidivism rates. The Reentry Coordinator will be heavily involved in the planning, facilitating, and coordination of prerelease services for the reentry of offenders into the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and coordinate prerelease services such as home placement, transportation for medical appointments, and facilitate evidence-based programming for the reentry of offenders in the community.
• Monitor and facilitate PORTAL New Directions, Moral Recognition Therapy, and Pre-release programming.
• Assist with program and treatment plans as it relates to risk and needs assessment of offenders.
• Enhance community involvement with offender population by connecting offenders with providers that will assist them upon release.
• Attend and participate in local reentry councils.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Maintain files according to American Correctional Association (ACA) standards.
The ideal candidate should possess strong verbal and written communication skills, planning and organizing skills, the ability to multitask, attention to detail, and ability to work well in a team oriented environment. This candidate should possess the ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the Department and Division.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have two years of professional experience in corrections, law enforcement, probation work, parole work, and/or social work, or a related field.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Graduate study in law enforcement, corrections, behavioral sciences, or a closely related field will substitute for the experience on a year for year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be 21 years of age.
Works primarily in an office setting. Travel maybe required within the region and to the Department of Corrections Central Office in Frankfort.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Andria Barkett at Andria.Barkett@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D