May 25, 2021
6/5/2021 (8:00 PM EDT)
Pay Grade 09
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Corrections
Kentucky State Penitentiary
266 Water St
Eddyville KY 42038 USA
Are you ready to Brave the Challenge?
Do you want to kick-start your career in Criminal Justice? Look no further! The Kentucky Department of Corrections is seeking motivated individuals who are up for the challenge.
Correctional Officers fill a critical role within correctional institutions by working together as a team to maintain safety and control of offenders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains control of the institution to provide safety and security of the facility inmates, staff, and general public by enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Supervises inmate activities in housing units, dining areas, recreation and work areas
• Attends to the medical, visitation, personal property, and recreational needs of the inmates
• Inspects and patrols the grounds for contraband, unauthorized personnel, and for other security risks
• Completes required reports and daily logs
• Conducts inmate counts, security rounds, and searches
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Strong communication skills
• Observation skills
• Be a team player
• Pay attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure
EDUCATION: High school graduate.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be twenty-one years of age.
Work environment is hazardous due to working in a state correctional facility with convicted felons.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact A'Neial Bell at A'Neial.Bell@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D