R&D Pilot Lab Technician
May 1, 2021
R&D Pilot Lab Technician
Owensboro, KY 42302
Read what people are saying about working here.
• Conducts work in DTC pilot plant facilities. Work involves measuring and mixing of chemicals, and set-up and operation of pilot plant equipment and lab instruments.
• Data entry required for process conditions and test results.
• Position works as part of a team on technical assignments and conducting product development projects. Often works along with another operator on pilot machinery.
• Responsible for area safety, quality, and delivery.
• Requires collaboration with other DTC labs and may require some interaction with vendors. Execution of pilot plant work and coordination with test lab to meet project needs. Confers with development & process engineers and plant personnel as needed to understand the purpose, problems and testing requirements relating to new raw materials, test plans and specifications.
• May be required to assist with receiving raw materials or packaging and preparing to ship goods to meet customer orders.
• Participates in the operation and set-up of pilot plant equipment.
• Connects valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
• Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power
• Monitors control settings and instruments, and records test data for engineer's use.
• Operates lab equipment and instruments within the particular laboratory involved. May perform individual tests or designed experiments and record data necessary for analysis.
• Examines separator products for conformance with product specification,
• Operates precision analytical measuring instruments and systems.
• May recommend changes in test methods or equipment for engineering review.
• Prepares reports on projects and testing conducted for internal distribution.
Pilot plant setting that would require working in a pilot lab environment. Work will require standing and walking for up to 75% of the time. Lighting and temperature is adequate. Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount to force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Education, Experience, and skills
Associates Degree or BS Degree preferred in technical or chemistry related field
Professional experience :
1-3 years of experience in operations, product development and/or analytical laboratory work with demonstrated experience in project work, and assisting others in successful project completion.
Able to interact directly with Daramic plant technical and engineers, outside testing facilities or vendors to assure that samples, supplies, and test results are timely and accurate for the task at hand or to meet project requirements.
General familiarity with GLP's.
On the job training job performed