April 29, 2021
Applebee's | Apple Central LLC
Owensboro, KY 42301
Applebee's | Apple Central LLC
Read what people are saying about working here.
Position & Perks
We are hiring outgoing, upbeat bartenders who can connect with our guests while mixing up cocktails; meeting and even anticipating their needs to provide a one of a kind dining experience that keeps them coming back!
Great communication skills are a must, as is the capability to work as part of a dynamic team. Are you someone who has tons of energy, great attention to detail, and an awesome personality?
Join our Team...
We offer discounted meals for our FOH Team Members while on shift as well as many other fun perks and benefits! If you take pride in your work and want to be part of a team that cares about your career we are the team for you!
Great Training Program
Discounted Meal on Shift
Real Advancement Opportunities
As a Bartender, you will be responsible for providing service to each bar guest courteously, quickly and efficiently with a sincere, positive, pleasant and enthusiastic attitude. You will also be responsible for following drink recipes to make alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar guests and dining room guests. Duties of this position will include taking orders, suggestive selling, responsible service of alcohol, delivering beverages and food using our Team delivery system, receiving payment, accurately counting back change, and being responsible for all transactions. Our bartenders also participate in the clearing, cleaning, and resetting of dining room tables and the bar top as well as assisting in overall bar maintenance / cleaning throughout the shift.
A qualified applicant must have excellent communication skills, the willingness to work with others as a team, able to lift 15-30 pounds, and exert fast-paced mobility between the bar, dining room and kitchen for the length of the shift, and keep pace with our guests from casual lunches to packed Saturday nights.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUITES:
1. Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water and juices to prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in such portions and in a proper glassware as specified by Applebee’s.
2. Serves and pours wine, bottled beer and draft beer according to proportions and in proper glassware as specified by Applebee’s.
3. Follows all PLCB laws and Applebee’s Responsible Service of Alcohol system to ensure guests are not over served, becoming intoxicated over the legal limit. Alerts Manager should a guest appear intoxicated and reacts accordingly.
4. Interacts verbally with all bar guests as well as dining room guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
5. Completes opening and closing side duties and checklists as assigned.
6. Serves food and drink to all bar guests as well as assists with dining room guests if needed.
7. Slices fruit and vegetable garnishes at a prescribed par level each day.
8. Stocks juices, ice, alcohol, beer, wine, and any other product needed to properly and efficiently operate the bar as prescribed by Applebee’s.
9. Keeps the bar area, including bar top, floor and storage areas, clean and free of debris, dirty glassware, plates, silverware and trash.
10. Presents guest checks to bar patrons. Makes correct change and / or completes any necessary charge card or gift card transactions.
11. Processes employee and manager food orders.
12. Relays food orders to kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system, as well as accounts for every drink poured behind the bar on same.
13. Takes part in any and all company related initiatives and activities such as gift card sales and promotions, charitable programs and related meetings, etc.
14. Any and all other operational task as assigned by Management.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age upon date of hire.
2. Ability to wipe down tables including bases, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all area of the restaurant.
3. Transports plates, glasses and trays to and from the dining room, service bar and kitchen a minimum of 30 times per shift.
4. Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
5. Mobility and full range of movement throughout the shift.
6. Transports glass rack, plate ware, cases of food and beverage which weigh up to 30 pounds a minimum of 30 times per shift.
7. Able to respond quickly in an emergency situation to avoid imminent danger to self and others.
1. Must be able to stand and exert fast paced mobility for periods of up to 6 (six) hours in length.
2. Must have good sense of balance, able to bend, kneel and react swiftly to actions surrounding them.
3. Must have the ability to lift bus pans, trays, cases of food and beverage weighing as much as 30 pounds.