Store Clerk - Owensboro
April 26, 2021
The retail sales clerk is responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payments and making change for customers in retail store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
• Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
• Stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
• Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
• Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
• Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
• Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
• Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
• Calculate sales discount to determine price.
• Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
• Keep store clean and orderly.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Teamwork Orientation.
• Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience (But not required)
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Previous retail or customer service experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen (THC not included).
MyDad, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $8.00 - $8.25 per hour
• 401(k) Matching
• Dental Insurance
• Employee Discount
• Flexible Schedule
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vision Insurance
• Monday to Friday
• relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Store Discounts
• One location
• Every week
• Store Manager
• Every other week
Employees working per shift:
• 5 or fewer
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
• A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
• A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible
Employment Type: Part-Time