April 29, 2021
At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel. We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
Daramic is looking for qualified electricians who are willing to work a rotating 21-swing schedule in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Daramic values itself on Safety and Quality and offers benefits that start on day one along with a competitive compensation package. Expectations • Repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as low voltage transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
• Test malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE (any industry) 638.261-030 and TOOL MAKER, MAINTENANCE (machine ship) 601.280-042, to diagnose malfunction.
• Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing de ices, using hand tools.
• Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards [ELECTRONICS TESTER (any industry) 726.261-018], using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
• Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
• May push buttons and press keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
• May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
• May have to perform minor PLC code changes and trouble shoot process/program problems.
• May be required to hold electrician’s license.
Education and Experience
• Education : High School Graduate, College Degree a plus, Technical School
• Professional experience : 3 years Industrial Electrical
• Languages : English
• Must be capable of working in extreme temperatures, heights.
• Must be fluent in diagram and print comprehension.
• Must be capable of using various electrical test instruments.
• Must be knowledgeable in AC and DC theory.
• Must have basic PLC knowledge
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full time