May 1, 2021
GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Owensboro, KY 42303
Full Job Description JOB TITLE: Millwright Journeyman
BUSINESS UNIT: Graywolf Integrated Construction Company
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Foreman
A Journeyman Millwright has a minimum of four (4) years heavy Industrial experience as a Millwright (including helper training) and is proficient in installing, maintaining, repairing, dismantling and moving many types of machinery and equipment, according to layout plans, blue prints and other drawings in industrial settings.
Varies by location. Must have open availability any time, any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Millwright Safety – work safely around the hazards associated with the Millwright field.
• Millwright Tools – use hand, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic tools in a safe manner.
• Construction Math - Demonstrates a level of competency in construction math as required in trade practice, including fractions, decimals, geometry, use of formulae, and trigonometry.
• Construction Drawings – Competently read blue prints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Rigging – Safely and competently identify and use, basic and special rigging procedures and equipment including chain hoists, come-alongs, jacks, and tuggers. Must be proficient in the use of hand signals. Can competently inspect common rigging equipment.
• Fasteners and Anchors – Correctly identify and explain the use of threaded and non-threaded Fasteners, and anchors.
• Gaskets and O-Rings - Correctly identify various types of gaskets and explain their uses. Layout, cut and install flange gaskets. Competently select and install an O-ring for any given application.
• Remove and Install Bearings – Correctly identify various types of bearings and be able to remove defective bearings using manual pullers and/or a press. Understand the process of using heat for removing defective bearings. Can identify common bearing failure modes and know the conditions that cause them. Can install pillow block bearings.
• Setting Base Plates and Sole Plates – Establish base plate and sole plate locations, correctly install base plates and sole plates and be able to field-verify a base plate installation.
• Packing and Seals – Correctly identify and explain different types of packing and correctly install. Correctly identify and explain types of seals and seal materials. Correctly identify and explain types of mechanical seals and explain mechanical seal classification.
• Coupling - Correctly identify, explain and install different coupling types.
• Shims - Correctly identify and explain different types of shim stock and shim materials. Competently fabricate shims.
• Drives and Blowers – Correctly identify, explain and install different belt drives and chain drives. Identify and have knowledge of types of fans and blowers.
• Equipment - Can correctly identify and explain the use of various conveyors and their components; rotary, reciprocating and centrifugal pumps: and different types of turbines. Utilizes proper methods for storage of motors.
• Maintenance and Troubleshooting – Can troubleshoot, inspect, install and remove a pump. Correctly identify and explain types of compressors and understand the principles of operation. Correctly identify types of gear boxes and understand how gears operate and identify types of gears.
• Conventional Alignment - Can explain types of misalignment. Correctly align couplings using the straight edge and feeler gauge method and the dial indicator method.
• Reverse Alignment – Can explain the conditions that can cause misalignment. Correctly perform reverse dial indicator alignment, using the mathematical equation. Can measure shaft and coupling run out using a dial indicator. Correctly perform reverse dial indicator alignment using a graphical alignment chart.
• Laser Alignment – Can correctly explain lasers and laser alignment systems. Can effectively operate a laser alignment system. Troubleshoots repeatability and laser problems.
• Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policies (including Safety and Human Resources policies), client policy and OSHA safety requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Four (4) years minimum heavy industrial field experience as a Millwright.
• Able to identify various types of machinery and understand their working operations.
• Completion of pre-hire and post-hire substance abuse testing as required by company and/or client.
• Completion of Safety related certifications such as OSHA 10 or Safety council programs as required by company and/or client.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions as required by client and/or facility policy.
• Stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects.
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
• Acceptable eyesight – naturally or with correction.
• Eye-hand coordination.
• Good physical fitness.
• Good sense of balance.
• Work at great heights is required.
TOOL REQUIREMENTS (minimum)
• 25’ Tape Measure
• Combination Wrenches (3/8”- 1 ¼ “)
• 50’ Reel –type tape
• 2 Center Gauges
• Set thickness Gauges
• Precision12: Level (Starrett 98 or equal)
• Plumb Bob
• 12” Adjustable Wrench
• 6” Adjustable Wrench
• 2lb Hammer
• 2 Cold Chisels (1 ½, 1-1”)
• 1 dial Indicator and attachments
• Scribing tool
• Center Head
• Screw Driver( 1 m – flat head , 1 m Phillips head)
• Tin Snips
• 2 -2” Micrometers (inside and outside)
• Allen wrenches ( to 3/8”)
• 2’ level
• Torpedo Level (pocket)
• Socket set ½” drive, 3/8” – 1 1 ¼”
• 4 Small thin wedges
• Tool Box with lock
• Rain coat or Poncho
• Steel toed or composite toed work boots