April 21, 2021
Green River Spirits Company
Owensboro, KY 42301
Employer actively reviewed candidates 2 days ago
Number of hires for this role
• • High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description Green River Spirits Company, founded in 2008, is headquartered in North Charleston, SC and specializes in the production of distilled spirits. We have 4 distinct business pillars: Exclusive Label, Private Brand, Managed Brand and Bulk Sales. We develop premium spirits brands, leveraging our 50+ years of global brand creation to develop beautifully crafted products for leading retail chains’ exclusive label agenda. Our Private Brand pillar is a dedicated division designed to support brand owners in bringing their visions to life. We are proud partners with some of the fastest growing brands in the U.S., providing award winning spirits + world class logistics support for supplier companies big and small. We also sell bulk bourbon and rye whiskey in barrels, tankers & totes to global spirits companies and U.S. craft distilleries to supplement their production needs.
Additionally, Green River Spirits Company owns and operates the historic Green River Distillery in Owensboro, KY. Fully renovated in 2016, the distillery is the 10th permitted distillery in the state and the 4th largest independent bourbon distillery in the US. Originally founded in 1885, our distillery has a storied bourbon lineage. We are a heritage member of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association and the westernmost member of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Our Master Distiller is Jacob Call, a Seventh-generation Kentuckian and 3rd generation Master Distiller. He oversees all aspects of whiskey production and warehousing.
Job Description: Bottling Technician
Job Classification: Full Time – Hourly
• Operate machines that clean, fill, cap, cork, heat shrink and label product
• Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to established standards
• Sort and inspect products for quality and fill volume, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications
• Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor
• Monitor the production line for problems such as jams, or labels or caps not applied properly
• Replenish components (bottles, caps, corks, labels) for filling and packaging machines
• Apply heat shrink capsules or tamper evident tape to bottles
• Package finished product into appropriate finished or bulk packaging supplies
• Remove finished packaged items from tape machine conveyor and stack on pallet
• Count and record finished and rejected bottled product
• Understand, set up and apply appropriate product identifier coding to finished product
• Assemble and label cartons to prepare for product bottling and packaging
• Clean packaging area including floor, filling, capping and labeling machines, tables and conveyors before and after bottling
• Remove and put away packaging materials from bottling area and retrieve next group of packaging materials bottling
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to operate pallet jacks
• Ability to stand for long periods, perform repetitive motion tasks and lift up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to get information - observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
• Ability to communicate with supervisors or coworkers by providing information by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Maintains team player mentality and works well in team environment
• Innovation — “There is always a better way.” Displays curiosity, optimism original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Teamwork — We not Me. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Continuous source of positivity across organization especially under stressful situations.
• "Gets Stuff done” – A mover and a shaker in the organization; strong bias for action; a reputation for over delivering; high work ethic; sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Integrity and Leadership – Always does the right thing even when no one is watching; Leads by example; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Leads by example; Treats all with respect regardless of position.
• Compassionate Directness – Ability to communicate authentically and with skill; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 10 hour shift
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• One location
• Only full-time employees eligible
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Plastic shield at work stations
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place