April 30, 2021
Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn
Owensboro, KY 42301
Employer actively reviewed candidates 2 days ago
$9 - $12 an hour
Number of hires for this role
2 to 4
Full Job Description This is an entry level position
The pit cook ensures that all items are cooked/prepared according to recipe specifications and in accordance with food safety guidelines.
Helps maintain, and ensure the food quality standards of Moonlite BBQ. In this position it is helpful to have a background in working in a Restaurant kitchen. Participate as a part of the Moonlite Team and help all other positions when necessary. Understand, perform, and document safe food handling practices.
• Assisting Pit/kitchen staff in general food preparation and food safety.
• General kitchen/Pit maintenance and upkeep
• Smoking and preparing different cuts of meat.
• Working with the Shift Leader/Pit Master on meat counts and projected meat prep.
• Responsible for maintaining personal hygiene, washing & sanitizing hands frequently
• Is responsible to make sure the cookware and utensils for food preparation are sanitized and functional
• Responsible for the timeliness and accurate fulfilling of prep and cooking worksheets.
• Will ensure that all Food Safety Standards are met.
• Must work as part of the TEAM, fulfilling multiple line duties as needed
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
• Standing and Walking 100% of the time
• Lifting up to 80 pounds to waist high
• Lifting up to 30 pounds to shoulder high
• Carrying up to 80 pounds for short distances
• Constant exposure to heat
• Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
• Climbing ladder and step stool
• Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.00 - $12.00 per hour
• 8 hour shift
Moonlite Follows Local Health department Guide lines for Covid-19 - Including Face Coverings. - Moonlite does provide face coverings for use during your shift.
• One location