Global Transportation Associate I - Owensboro
May 1, 2021
Submission for the position: Global Transportation Associate I - UniFirst Owensboro - (Job Number: 2102778)
Global Transportation Associate I - UniFirst Owensboro
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Global Transportation Associate I to join our UniFirst Family. As a Team Partner in the Global Logistics Department, you will be supporting domestic transportation and providing administrative support. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits
On the job training & great hourly pay 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training. Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with their career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing
• Prepare and voucher freight invoices for payment as authorized in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Process data entries, organize, and file domestic transportation documentation.
• Maintain proper records of all forms of domestic transactions relating to the company’s logistics operations.
• Provide support for domestic freight/shipping by taking calls, expediting shipping when necessary, etc.
• Compile information provided by carriers for weekly domestic transportation KPIs.
• Manage the process of when to use domestic truck load (TL) and less than truck load (LTL), which includes but is not limited to, what mode and types of carriers to use, how we are moving the freight, analyzing the situation, and implementing that knowledge.
• Assist with documentation flow with both domestic and international shipments.
• Spot quoting expedites, TL, LTL, and parcel shipments.
• Assist with maintaining domestic transportation spreadsheets.
• Participate in yearly U.S. Customs Compliance training.
• Troubleshoot and resolve shipping issues and customer complaints that arise.
• Participate in cross training – push through truck load shipments, interact with broker(s), etc.
• Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
• Follow all safety policies, HACCP, and medical guidelines.
What we’re looking for
• An Associate’s Degree (AS) is preferred.
• 1 years of Administrative experience with Global Logistics and Transportation is highly preferred.
• Must work well under pressure and time constraints.
• Proven ability to adapt to continuous change of daily scheduling requirements.
• Effective verbal and communication skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Proficient in AS400, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to distinguish between colors.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2 billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
100 - OWENSBORO, KY (100)
2801 UniFirst Dr.
Owensboro , 42301
100 - OWENSBORO, KY
2801 UniFirst Dr.
011 - Wilmington MA
May 1, 2021, 3:14:21 PM
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): United States-Kentucky 1st Shift Job Level: Individual Contributor